News Forum - Thailand eager to take tourist overspill from Laos-China railway

Thaiger

Thailand believes it will take advantage of the spillover from the Laos-China high-speed railway once the mainland fully opens its borders next year. The Association of Thai Travel Agents (Atta) reckons about 3 million Chinese travelers will take advantage of the almost 423 kilometres electrified railway that runs between the Lao capital of Vientiane and Boten town in northern Laos bordering China. The 422.4 kilometres long railway opened on December 2 last year. It forms a section of the Kunming–Singapore railway project which connects Kunming, the capital of China’s Yunnan province, with Singapore, through Laos, Thailand, and Malaysia. Adith Chairattananon, […]

The story Thailand eager to take tourist overspill from Laos-China railway as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yet another CCP Bob Scott story pumping on the Chinese again. For CM, we don't need over saturation of the Chinese ever again, and these numbers are all fictitious. Why the Thaigre still has this person on the writing team is not good from posters comments and from what I have read produced by him. 

Who knows if or when China will reopen its borders? Even if it does, I don't think it will be without restrictions. They'll probably demand proof of vaccination and/or testing for years to come. I strongly suspect that the Chinese authorities will require on arrival testing as well and this won't go away, like it has in other countries.

Either way, there is no way there will be 4-5 times as many visitors coming next year compared with restriction free 2019, when the earliest the country would reopen based on speculations made in this story is April. 

These predictions are overly optimistic,  fantasy nonsense, as usual.

I really don't think the Chinese are going to be flooding Laos just as soon as the quarantine ends. Dream on, Thailand. Not happening.