News Forum - Japanese tourists want to come to Thailand but can’t find plane tickets

Thaiger

Tourists from Japan are few and far between in Thailand. It’s not that Japanese tourists don’t want to come, they just can’t find plane tickets because the Thais have booked them all up, according to the Director of the Thai Travel Service Association (TTSA) Jarivat Wongsomsri. There simply are not enough flights available to facilitate growing post-pandemic tourism between the two countries. Currently, flight availability between Japan and Thailand is just 40% of pre-pandemic levels. Thais are plucking up the courage to travel again after the pandemic and Japan is an attractive destination. Last month, Japan launched visa-free entry for […]

The story Japanese tourists want to come to Thailand but can’t find plane tickets as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's no different for Australia. The BKK Perth direct flight only restarted in July now Thai Airways has canned it indefinitely. I work offshore and fly in and out every 4 weeks the whole East coast is pretty much book solid as well for the direct flights on multiple carriers. I checked Singapore, Thai and Qantas all pretty much fully booked its a joke.

To get to work this time I found one direct flight one way from Perth for 1800?!! And the only way I can get home was ex Melbourne business class for 2800. Grouse. Don't think families will be travelling at those prices. And this was looking out till Feb-Mar next year. There is sweet FA available 

Edited by Gluayyai