News Forum - Missing Indonesian woman’s body found inside giant python

Thaiger

A python swallowed a woman whole in Jambi, on the east coast of Jakarta in Indonesia, on Sunday, according to Indonesian police. Jahrah, a 54 year old worker at a rubber plantation from Betara District, did not return home from work on Sunday. Jahrah’s husband reported Jahrah missing that night. The next day, villagers found a python with a huge bulge in its stomach in the forest. Nearby, the search party found Jahrah’s sandals, jacket, and knife on the forest floor. Fearing the worst, the villagers killed and cut open the five-metre long python. Inside, they found Jahrah’s body, completely […]

The story Missing Indonesian woman’s body found inside giant python as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Indonesia is home to some of the biggest pythons in the world, often growing bigger than six metres."

I thought they are usually 3.14 meters long.

5 hours ago, HiuMak said:

"Indonesia is home to some of the biggest pythons in the world, often growing bigger than six metres."

I thought they are usually 3.14 meters long.

Apparently this one was bigger than that as it swallowed an adult woman. I have seen python bigger than that is Bangkok suburbs.

Some months ago coming back from a night out, the taxi driver suddenly stopped as he drove down the soi to my home - there was what had to be a 3m long python crossing the road in front of us. A couple of months later I was in a taxi on the way home, and turning into my soi the driver suddenly said "Oh remember the last time, there was that big snake!"... out of the literally thousands of cabs in Bangkok, I had randomly caught the same guy!

The snake was probably a reticulated python, a Broghammerus or Malayopython reticulatus. These are a confirmed man eater when they get to certain sizes, though as with most man eaters, they are scarcely a statistical threat.