Meet the Sellers: First arrival in the Phuket Sandbox

Thaiger

Darren and Supattra Sellers may not have been part of the Siamese revolution that changed Thailand to a constitutional monarchy, or the coup that overthrew the government 7 years ago, but they will forever be a part of Thailand’s modern history now. You see, the Sellers and their 2 children were the first family off of Etihad flight 430 on the historic morning of July 1, making them the first international travellers to arrive in the Phuket Sandbox reopening. The Sellers and their young daughter and son live in Abu Dhabi and jumped at the chance to get back to […]

The post Meet the Sellers: First arrival in the Phuket Sandbox appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sorry my "frenchism" but... wtf should a person care of a wealthy family who is allegedly the first "walking on Phuket land"...omg what is this discovery planet? Have they landed from Mars? Am I seriously supposed to read an entire article on the "Seller's wtf family?"

Bloody idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good PR piece, but not such a good "news story".

I will give you that it's well-written and an approachable story, but it's got a psycophantic stink to it that makes us know it's a PR release and not a news story.

• Like 5

Hhmmm.  If I were a health & safety professional (which usually includes looking after the welfare of co-workers) would I want the publicity of taking self and family to a country with Covid out of control to have some fun?  I think not, as it conveys a perception of poor judgement.

"There were 44 travellers on the flight, but 21 of them were only laying over in Phuket and then travelling on to stay in Bangkok."

Now I'm really confused. I have been following the 'on again' 'off again' Sandbox model for Phuket and was under the impression that tourists would have to stay on Phuket for a minimum of 14 days before venturing further into other Thai provinces.

Is this layover for the 21 passengers on the Etihad flight for a few hours until their next flight to Bangkok, or is it an overnight layover?

If an overnight layover, it looks like all the strict rules amount to nothing.

Not much of a story really .

Hopefully TT will visit them after they have been here for a week or 10 days to get the full story.
What have they been doing to occupy their time ?

Have they felt it was worth the time and expense coming here ?

Have they found any negativity here ?

Obviously with 2 young children the beach or the pool will keep them happy but couldn’t that have been accessed more easily from their home country.

I don’t want to appear negative, I sincerely hope that the Sellers have a wonderful holiday but feel that this thread is not telling us anything and is actually just copying the info from The Phuket News who interviewed them two days after they arrived.

So , come on TT arrange an interview with the Sellers later on this week to give us the true picture.

• Like 1

Obviously the family includes a Thai expat overseas and with roots (and family and houses) in Thailand. To put it leniently, doubtful who the Phuket (and Thailand in general) re-opening is intended for.

Which brings me back to an article a few days ago that stated that many of the first week's arrivals are overseas Thais and tour operators.

Edited by Leo

17 hours ago, Stonker said:

Sellers  aren't much use to Thailand.

Buyers are what's needed.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Bng9nsAhSaDVxWsSLh/200.gif