News Forum - US school shooting kills teacher and student

Thaiger

There’s been another horrific school shooting in the US, this time in the city of St. Louis in the Missouri state. The gunman attacked the Central Visual & Performing Arts High School on yesterday morning, killing two people and injuring seven, according to the latest updates.  The two people killed were 16 year old student Alexandria Bell, and a health teacher identified as Jean Kuczka.  Police arrived on the scene to find hundreds of students running out of the school. The city’s police chief commissioner said the shooter had a “long gun.” Police exchanged gunfire with the gunman who was struck […]

The story US school shooting kills teacher and student as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

57 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Better than Russia. 

Setting the bar that low eh? What else? Better than North Korea? 😏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

Setting the bar that low eh? What else? Better than North Korea? 😏

Well the comment I was responding to was critical of US gun deaths, Russia reckons Ukraine is theirs and they have plenty of gun deaths. 

Seemed sort of apposite to me. 

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Greatest Country in the World!

Yeah, don't worry that in a country with nuclear weapons and 1.4 billion people, the new emperor had his predecessor dragged off-stage by thugs in front of the entire country to show that he had absolutely authority and was an absolute tyrant and fascist.  Instead focus on two people getting shot because orange man bad.  You've got your priorities in order and you can clearly see what matters.  

Edited by JMJM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JMJM said:

Yeah, don't worry that in a country with nuclear weapons and 1.4 billion people, the new emperor had his predecessor dragged off-stage by thugs in front of the entire country to show that he had absolutely authority and was an absolute tyrant and fascist.  Instead focus on two people getting shot because orange man bad.  You've got your priorities in order and you can clearly see what matters.  

I am focusing on the ignorant idiots who constantly claim the US "is the Greatest Country in the World" when kids get blown away at school on a consistent basis.........

that's what I am focused on.......

I am not even going to bother listing all the rankings that would add up to being "the greatest country"(there isn't a greatest) that the US doesn't appear even close to the top 10(20,30??) in

• Like 1

Death rate per 100k due to firearms is around 11 which is almost exactly the same as the death rate for motor vehicles - 4 times that of vehicle deaths in Western Europe.

*An inappropriate comment has been removed*

There's only one thing that stops a bad guy with a gun that's a good guy with a gun. 

The reaction by the left in The US to this incident will be to call for more gun control of Law Abiding Citizens whilst their Left-Wing Politician's spend record amounts on armed personal security.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 23RD said:

There's only one thing that stops a bad guy with a gun that's a good guy with a gun. 

The reaction by the left in The US to this incident will be to call for more gun control of Law Abiding Citizens whilst their Left-Wing Politician's spend record amounts on armed personal security.

"The Greatest Country in the World" is the only country that needs schools to be guarded and kids to go through mass shooting drills.....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 23RD said:

And how about a bad guy and a good guy with no gun? Yeah it would result to a boring fist fight. And anyway, if you have a "good" guy guarding with a gun every single school in the US, it would result eventually to this good guy also being shot before the bad one continues his planned rampage. Next step would be? Give a gun to all teachers and all students / kids in every single school in the US? Sure, why not...

Nobody gives a damn what the left-wing think or do in the US apart from you somehow obsessed with left-wings, we got the point now on which side you stand. We are just so sad to hear again and again about these kids being shot by nut cases (pratically all of them legally armed by the way) and that's that.

11 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Better than Russia. 

Why is the word "Russia" appearing in this topic? So any bad news happening anywhere needs to be compared with "bad Russia"??? Why not being retrospective as well? Sure, in fact all school massacres in the US, it is all Russia's fault. Nuclear bombs killing innocent civilians in Japan? Russia's fault. Napalm and Agent Orange in Vietnam? Russia's fault. Mosquitoes biting me all over everyday at 5pm? Russia's fault. Only one bad thing currently in the world, Russia. Everything else is just "better".

2 hours ago, Manu said:

And how about a bad guy and a good guy with no gun? Yeah it would result to a boring fist fight. And anyway, if you have a "good" guy guarding with a gun every single school in the US, it would result eventually to this good guy also being shot before the bad one continues his planned rampage. Next step would be? Give a gun to all teachers and all students / kids in every single school in the US? Sure, why not...

Nobody gives a damn what the left-wing think or do in the US apart from you somehow obsessed with left-wings, we got the point now on which side you stand. We are just so sad to hear again and again about these kids being shot by nut cases (pratically all of them legally armed by the way) and that's that.

People seem to forget that bad guys with guns don't hand them in at amnesties hey! Like in Australia,  still got a massive gun crime rate here. More so in the Eastern States with the gangs. Luckily though, Australia doesn't have the same ratio of nut jobs like America does, including Dementia Joe lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manu said:

And anyway, if you have a "good" guy guarding with a gun every single school in the US, it would result eventually to this good guy also being shot before the bad one continues his planned rampage. Next step would be? Give a gun to all teachers and all students / kids in every single school in the US? Sure, why not...

You've made a hypothetical reply.

Armed security Is a good deterrent but the unfortunate thing is yourself and Leftists that run these School's don't like to see good guy's armed and in uniform at School's as it doesn't fit with your Defund the Police narrative. 

I blame The Teachers Unions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

"The Greatest Country in the World" is the only country that needs schools to be guarded and kids to go through mass shooting drills.....

Yes truly shocking I blame The Teachers Union and the Leftist running these Schools for the lack of Police and private security at these facilities. 

I bet that hideous headed Randi Wiengarden has personal security though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Why is the word "Russia" appearing in this topic? So any bad news happening anywhere needs to be compared with "bad Russia"??? Why not being retrospective as well? Sure, in fact all school massacres in the US, it is all Russia's fault. Nuclear bombs killing innocent civilians in Japan? Russia's fault. Napalm and Agent Orange in Vietnam? Russia's fault. Mosquitoes biting me all over everyday at 5pm? Russia's fault. Only one bad thing currently in the world, Russia. Everything else is just "better".

I was responding to a comment about gun deaths in the USA, I compared them to Russia who are currently responsible for many gun deaths in Ukraine. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I was responding to a comment about gun deaths in the USA, I compared them to Russia who are currently responsible for many gun deaths in Ukraine. 

The deaths at Ukraine are due to war, you can't compare that with mass shooting during peace time in the USA.

5 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

The deaths at Ukraine are due to war, you can't compare that with mass shooting during peace time in the USA.

War or a Special Operation? Either way it is down to Russia and so are the deaths. It is peacetime in Russia apparently. 

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

That is just the most facetious comparison.

9 hours ago, 23RD said:

That doesn't seem to be happening ... in fact it has never happened - at best, they ae stopped AFTER they have shot a lot of "good guys".

wouldn't it be better to take the guns off the good guys. 

Why does anyone need military grade, semi-automatic forearms?

Mental heath root cause of those that have committed these mass shootings always seem to be left out of part of the equation.  Most of those that have committed these crimes are younger males that seem to have similar patterns of being odd loners, picked on during their childhood, and sometimes have had been abused at home.  The USA has had guns since before the country was even a country, but mass shootings in the USA have been a recent issue the past couple of decades.  What changed during this time?  Was it the guns that changed or has society changed?  When I was growing up in the States in the 1960s kids got picked on and teased and many times were involved in fist fights.  The one mass shooting in the US news I can recall in the 1960s was the Texas Tower shooter, a 25 years old Marine Corps veteran and my understanding he had mental heath issues and a brain tumor, but I don’t remember ever hearing in the news about kids shooting up a school back then.  This article says since 1979 this started happening.  https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180419131025.htm.  Many times after the Columbine Colorado mass shooting, authorities investigating would find notes from student shooters who were copycats and wanted to be more famous and have higher body counts.  Most were bullied or had issues in the their past.  Most normal people do not have these thoughts, but many want to blame “Gun nuts” who have never committed any crime as the problem.  Seems like politicians could pass some sensible legislation requiring better mental health background checks, require “Gun Nuts” to secure their guns and ammunition in certified gun safes to prevent their weapons from being stolen or in the wrong hands of a thief or a kid, and require safety and usage training without violating anyone’s constitutional rights.  Certain areas in the US it is illegal to have guns and they have the highest incidents of gun crimes.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cowslip said:

That doesn't seem to be happening ... in fact it has never happened - at best, they ae stopped AFTER they have shot a lot of "good guys".

wouldn't it be better to take the guns off the good guys. 

Why does anyone need military grade, semi-automatic forearms?

Now I'm Welsh not from the US but even I've seen numerous examples of Law Abiding Citizens saving not just their own lifes but the life's of other Law Abiding Citizens with their LEGALLY held firearms. 

As for folk owning Military grade weapons I  believe even though it varies from State to State fully automatic long barreled weapons are illegal?.

You may be referring to The AR 15 which is not a Military grade rifle.

• Like 1