News Forum - China’s former leader Hu Jintao leaves congress due to illness

Thaiger

China’s former leader Hu Jintao, 79, left the closing ceremony of the Communist Party of China’s congress yesterday after reportedly feeling sick. The meeting of the CCP marked the setting of the third term for current president Xi Jinping. According to The Straits Times, the state-sponsored Xinhua news agency tweeted late last night that the former leader was “not feeling well during the session.” “His staff, for his health, accompanied him to a room next to the meeting venue for a rest. Now, he is much better.” The news agency reported that Hu insisted on attending the closing ceremony despite […]

The story China’s former leader Hu Jintao leaves congress due to illness as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

He didn't look sick to me on the video courtesy of BBC World Service. He looked like he didn't want to leave his seat whilst Xi sat stony faced next to him.

• Like 2

“not feeling well during the session.”

This is probably the only true thing in this account -- he got a terrible feeling in his stomach precisely when the two men grabbed him and hauled him away in front of everyone while Xi turned his back to him.  

• Like 2

If he was sick, then why did Xi and the other guy he touched in the shoulder show such little compassion towards a sick old man? He was saying things that are not allowed and was removed. What a terrible terrible regime China is. Worse to come I suspect. 

• Like 5

Maybe only sick of XI and being physically and red fisted dictatorship removed. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was shipped off to N. Korea and blasted by a anti aircraft gun. The good people in China need to uprise and take their freedom into their own hands if they want any sort of a good life. 

• Like 4

Perhaps the elderly man has a form of alzheimers? I mean this in all seriousness. A person can appear to be fine and tgo off with a delusion.  The Chinese hierarchy still tends to have reverence to older  party faithful, so it may not be just a political squabble.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Maybe only sick of XI and being physically and red fisted dictatorship removed. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was shipped off to N. Korea and blasted by a anti aircraft gun. The good people in China need to uprise and take their freedom into their own hands if they want any sort of a good life. 

The last thing we need is instability in PRC. Consider the impact on the world's supply chain and economy. Do you really want a civil war in a country with nuclear weapons and where a large proportion of the population still value life cheaply? It's easy to criticize China government, but  China has population in excess of 1 billion. USA with 1/3 population is on the brink of civil disorder, and India another billion person nation is dysfunctional with regional strife.

Look at buffet line in a restaurant when PRC tourists come, it is pandemonium. They can't even manage to line up in polite manner at airport, and people expect the country to function efficiently without a draconian system? 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

When did this site become the mouthpiece of the CCP?  He was forcefully led out by security, with Winnie the Pooh refusing to even acknowledge him.  He probably will not be seen much anymore, as hell be under house arrest until he is tortured to toe the line or killed.  Stop with your obviously false propaganda.

• Like 6

I notice foreigners residing in Thailand (presumably from the West) are hopelessly biased, condescending & normally reject other possibilities while holding onto hypothetical speculative herd-mentality prejudices...when it comes to matters Asian. 

Say, Nazilenskyy regime is open to foreign mercenaries y'know...!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

8 hours ago, WR2 said:

When did this site become the mouthpiece of the CCP?  He was forcefully led out by security, with Winnie the Pooh refusing to even acknowledge him.  He probably will not be seen much anymore, as hell be under house arrest until he is tortured to toe the line or killed.  Stop with your obviously false propaganda.

Sort of agree wiht you on this subject. XI is a bully and a dictator nothing else.

This picture is borrowed from an article from Deutsche Welle and Reuters. By all means it doesn't look like anything gentle going on with a caring helping hand. XI's face has a masked scowl of there you go, I am all powerful and you are not. Almost like he is laughing at the old guy. Nothing nice going on this picutres and XI is a dicator Bully, nothing more.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA13hfMs.img?w=534&h=301&m=6&x=118&y=218&s=460&d=57

Picutre taken from

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Sort of agree wiht you on this subject. XI is a bully and a dictator nothing else.

This picture is borrowed from an article from Deutsche Welle and Reuters. By all means it doesn't look like anything gentle going on with a caring helping hand. XI's face has a masked scowl of there you go, I am all powerful and you are not. Almost like he is laughing at the old guy. Nothing nice going on this picutres and XI is a dicator Bully, nothing more.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA13hfMs.img?w=534&h=301&m=6&x=118&y=218&s=460&d=57

Picutre taken from

Here is the picture

image.png.0eb846d4ae641045eaf95fa0fbd2e47b.png

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Vigo said:

Perhaps the elderly man has a form of alzheimers? I mean this in all seriousness. A person can appear to be fine and tgo off with a delusion.  The Chinese hierarchy still tends to have reverence to older  party faithful, so it may not be just a political squabble.

I usually have to go to reddit to see comments so delusional.  Yes, this member of a political party opposed to Xi had an Alzheimer's spell so serious that, although he looked completely fine, everyone had to ignore him while two thugs dragged him away and then Xi was coronated emperor for life.  There's no political statement here being made at all, nothing like Xi intends to eradicate all that oppose him and has the power to do it on a national stage in front of the entire world.  

And this "journalist" should be banned for lying, because no one is going to come to this website to read ridiculously obvious lies.  

Edited by JMJM
  • Like 3

It was evident to everyone who watched it that he was dragged off his chair. Anything else is just......Xinhua.

And "to publicly purge him due to his allegiance to a different political party from Xi Jinping’s"? You mean perhaps a different faction within the same political party. Come on Ann Carter, you started following China this past week?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JMJM said:

I usually have to go to reddit to see comments so delusional.  Yes, this member of a political party opposed to Xi had an Alzheimer's spell so serious that, although he looked completely fine, everyone had to ignore him while two thugs dragged him away and then Xi was coronated emperor for life.  There's no political statement here being made at all, nothing like Xi intends to eradicate all that oppose him and has the power to do it on a national stage in front of the entire world.  

And this "journalist" should be banned for lying, because no one is going to come to this website to read ridiculously obvious lies.  

The former President of PRC?

On 10/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Here is the picture

image.png.0eb846d4ae641045eaf95fa0fbd2e47b.png

That body language definitely doesn't say "i am being helped because I feel unwell". You could Photoshop a pair of handcuffs in and they wouldn't look out of place. 

1 hour ago, Grumpish said:

That body language definitely doesn't say "i am being helped because I feel unwell". You could Photoshop a pair of handcuffs in and they wouldn't look out of place. 

No it certainly does not. If looks could kill then XI's looks is similar to an anti aircraft gun that little Kim uses on his rank and file. That picture tells and shows evertyhing you need to know.