News Forum - Court clears THAI for takeoff, as it doubles Aussie flights

Thaiger

Thai Airways (THAI) received a much-needed boost today when the Central Bankruptcy Court approved the airline’s request to overhaul its recovery plan. The news comes on the back of a THAI announcement that passengers increased by 80% this month and plans to double flights to Melbourne, Australia, in December. Thailand’s national flag carrier was told by the court to carry on after most of its creditors backed the revised plan, according to the Nation. It was reported that about 79% of the creditors, including the Finance Ministry, endorsed THAI’s revised recovery plan. THAI has struggled over the past few years […]

The story Court clears THAI for takeoff, as it doubles Aussie flights as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Unless the cost of fares and hotels reduce they'll be no point whatsoever, our friends went to Bali for an all inclusive 10 days of pure luxury for half of just the airfares here. I won't start on the price they were quoted for an adequate hotel in Patong!

• Like 1

Hi, the prices to Fly to Bangkok & Europe are way to expensive. 
When are you going to release the Early Bird Fares for Summer in Europe ?                                                      Other well known airlines have released their early bird fares.                                                                                We want to fly with Thai, but unless you drop the fares this will not be possible.

Friends have booked to travel to Europe next year in Summer ( July 2023 ) with another airline for under $1700 return flight to Rome.

Thai Silver member

Yes doubling the Melbourne flights but inexplicably cancelling the direct Perth flights with zero explanation only 3 months after reinstating them. 

As many are saying. Prices way too high. Just checked on Thai web site for two weeks departing late January. Total price return from London on an economy ticket is £920. Madness. Pre-Covid you would get that for around £600. A 50% increase is simply too much, even with higher fuel prices. 

• Like 1

I've been travelling for work recently and just back from Australia. Travel prices are through the roof and cost of living increases are biting. Not to mention the real world wage cuts, pressure on mortgages and rents.

Increase the amount of flights you want, but if you think the average family is thinking about a holiday to Thailand, you're dreaming. And the global economic pain is far from over.

• Like 4

I am flying from Europe to Phuket next month. I am a Thai frequent flyer gold.
For a full flex ticket with Thai I pay the same price as a premium economy with Singapore Airlines. But SQ gives me 100% points on my miles, while Thai not. So why fly Thai?

• Like 1

I've always found Thai Airways website to be so clunky 

And I hate their seats

That coarse cloth seats they have...

Never been much of a fan

Always went with Bangkok Airways if I could 

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I've always found Thai Airways website to be so clunky 

And I hate their seats

That coarse cloth seats they have...

Never been much of a fan

Always went with Bangkok Airways if I could 

Bangkok Airways are superior for domestic flights and even AirAsiaX became my preferred long haul carrier to NZ or Aus with Premium economy at or cheaper than TG s economy fare.

TG also bump prices each time you visit their clunky site.  Food loaded in BKK was below par when compared with SIA, Cathay or Turkish.  These 3 being far ahead in all respects I doubt TG can compete unless they overhaul their pricing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Bangkok Airways are superior for domestic flights and even AirAsiaX became my preferred long haul carrier to NZ or Aus with Premium economy at or cheaper than TG s economy fare.

TG also bump prices each time you visit their clunky site.  Food loaded in BKK was below par when compared with SIA, Cathay or Turkish.  These 3 being far ahead in all respects I doubt TG can compete unless they overhaul their pricing.

Must say i just started looking at Turkish. Seems they are one of the best.
Also good prices.
And I saw that they pay your hotel if you have a stay over in Istamboel, a very beautifull historic city.