News Forum - California ophthalmologist removes 23 contact lens from patient’s eye

Thaiger

A doctor in the United States has removes 23 contact lenses from eye of patient who “forgot to take them out” for almost a month.  The woman apparently kept putting new lenses in every morning without removing the set from the day before. Dr Katerina Kurteeva posted pictures of her teasing the lenses from underneath a woman’s eyelid. According to the California ophthalmologist’s post on Instagram, the patient put in a new set of lenses for 23 days in a row without ever taking the previous day’s out. Posting on the California Eye Associates Instagram page, she wrote: “A rare […]

The story California ophthalmologist removes 23 contact lens from patient’s eye as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

You cannot fix stupid. 

She should have super vision by now with all the multiple layers of contact lenses

• Haha 1

I find this hard to believe. If you place a lens on top of another lens your whole vision is messed up. It’s not possible to think each lens moved out of the way for a single lens to maintain vision. I think this is lost in translation somehow????

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I find this hard to believe. If you place a lens on top of another lens your whole vision is messed up. It’s not possible to think each lens moved out of the way for a single lens to maintain vision. I think this is lost in translation somehow????

I think that are just colored lenses? Greenish, I think.

4 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

I think that are just colored lenses? Greenish, I think.

Well that would help. But bloody hell, you’d think by the time 4 or 5 were in that you couldn’t see through the lens. Are we sure this number of 23 isn’t a TAT number 😉 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fanta said:

You cannot fix stupid. 

More likely the woman has dementia or other serious issues. Amazing that her vision was not impaired/damaged. Could've easily lost the eye if it got infected for that long.

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A doctor in the United States has removes 23 contact lenses from eye of patient who “forgot to take them out” for almost a month.  The woman apparently kept putting new lenses in every morning without removing the set from the day before. Dr Katerina Kurteeva posted pictures of her teasing the lenses from underneath a woman’s eyelid. According to the California ophthalmologist’s post on Instagram, the patient put in a new set of lenses for 23 days in a row without ever taking the previous day’s out. Posting on the California Eye Associates Instagram page, she wrote: “A rare […]

The story California ophthalmologist removes 23 contact lens from patient’s eye as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Imagine putting on 23 pairs of undies when you forget to take them out. Your ass will be bulging like a balloon and your balls must be suffering from extreme heat. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

Imagine putting on 23 pairs of undies when you forget to take them out. Your ass will be bulging like a balloon and your balls must be suffering from extreme heat. 

My record was 3 pairs during winter and even that I was struggling to even walk properly

• Like 1