News Forum - Escapee prisoner captured by police on a roof in northern Thailand

Thaiger

UPDATE Last night, police captured the escapee prisoner who broke out of Fort Surasakmontri army prison in Lampang province, northern Thailand, on Tuesday. Police found the army general on the roof of his friend’s house in Mueang district, Lampang province, where he had been hiding. Officers from Khelang Nakhon Police Station closed in on the townhouse at 10pm after receiving knowledge that 26 year old Supawat “Kwan” Sopapeng was hiding in there. As police broke into the house, Supawat tried to flee by smashing his way through the ceiling and climbing onto the roof. Police found the soldier “in a […]

The story Escapee prisoner captured by police on a roof in northern Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The suspect is a 26 year old Army general???  Being a retired military myself, I don’t understand how he could possibly be a general at such a young age or maybe actual facts on his rank about this young man are incorrect.  I am “assuming” (should never assume) the Royal Thai Army rank structure is similar to most other countries around the world and this guy is not actually a general and a reporter just got the info wrong.