Covid alert issued for Thai smile flight from Bangkok to Phuket, arrived last Thursday

Thaiger

9 hours ago, Norton said:

Don't try and build a straw man on my words, Bitch.  Yeah,.. I'm going there.

You and I know exactly who the perpetrators are and you can pick one case out of a hundred.  I lived in the Bay Area and worked the Valley and we all knew who was doing the beatings on Asians or who was killing them.  You know too.  Go woke all you want, still doesn't stop my Fam from having to watch out for themselves. 

Sorry, @Norton, I don't "know too" as I haven't the faintest idea what your point is, who the  perpetrators are, or what you're talking about.

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Found it @Vlad, but it was twelve years ago!

What that can possibly have to do with my saying  "I just don't think Thais are blaming tourists / expats / farangs for Covid spreading.  I just don't see it as a general sentiment or see any evidence for it at all, although admittedly things may be different on Phuket" I can't really imagine, but I'm sure the goal posts can be moved even further so that it's somehow relevant!!! ? ? ?

Who do you think the Police tipped off the brits that were having a few beers in there own Condo was  stonk's. Might have been 12 years ago Stonker but Mud sticks. 

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Well not only local tourists coming to Phuket with COVID-19 but we now have the first Sandbox Tourist with it. Let’s see the bomb burst of listing where this person has been. Remember this is a vaccinated person, so possible for all in contact with him/her could have it too. Waiting for more news on this item. Sure it will be big news in Phuket. They didn’t report if this was first or second test though.

From the test on arrival according to the Bangkok Post.

According to the Bangkok Post "other tourists in the same group had been placed in a 14 day quarantine at a hotel provided by the province for observation and Covid-19 testing".

Whether that "tour group" was all those on the flight or  just part of it isn't clear, but either way that certainly wasn't part of the plans as announced and published, which will hardly fill potential tourists with confidence about what may happen to them through no fault of their own.

48 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Absurd. Simply absurd.

First you claim that the rules are different for Thais and foreigners.

That was wrong since they're identical.

Then you moved the goalposts to differentiate between domestic and international arrivals, on the basis that 90% of those on international flights are foreigners and 10% Thais, with the reverse on domestic flights.

Except in the "real world" even that's not true, since they're not and a third of those on the recent international flights to Phuket are Thais.

The reason for "different rules" is simply necessity, nothing else.

It would be impossible for Phuket to function if everyone going in by air, sea or land had to meet the same requirements as those on international flights:

i) barely 30% of the total population of Phuket have been fully vaccinated, so the other 70% would be unable to return to Phuket if they left.

ii) only 4% of the Thai population have been fully vaccinated, so the other 96% including most delivery drivers and off-island workers needed to keep Phuket functioning would be unable to go to Phuket.

Conversely, it would be impossible to justify the Sandbox and consequent immigration changes if all that was required from international arrivals was either a single dose of AZ (or Moderna or Pfizer), or a PCR test made in the last three days.

If the sandbox was to open on 1 July, the rules had to be different - there was no option, and no discrimination on grounds of nationality.

What you claimed about "discrimination" was simply untrue.  In a word, garbage.

So funny. You need to shorted that chain you carry around your neck. It’s far too easy to pull ;-)

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

So funny. You need to shorted that chain you carry around your neck. It’s far too easy to pull ;-)

If that's all you're posting for it's hardly contributing constructively to the Forum, which is what some of us are attempting to do.