Inside Phuket’s Sandbox – Questions answered | VIDEO

Thaiger

Tim tries to answer as many Phuket Sandbox questions as possible as the fourth day of the ‘reopening’ emerges. So far, so good. Vaccines, tourism, getting back onto the island as an expat, flights, etc. The Sandbox is the first step in reopening Thailand to vaccinated travellers, without a formal 14 day quarantine in a hotel. Unfiltered, unshaven, unscripted. I think most of the answers were correct. We always publish the latest, verified, accurate, information at thethaiger.com

The post Inside Phuket’s Sandbox – Questions answered | VIDEO appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

does anyone know what proof of vaccine is accepted for COE if vaccinated in USA. where there are no official certificates just the paper cArd provided by CDC

1 hour ago, Ukcarer said:

Question. Do I still need a PCR test when I leave the UK, even though I'm fully vaccinated?

As at present, you will not be able to board any Airline in the UK without a PCR no older than 72 hours prior to departure. The timing for the PCR, COE etc. is critical. Being fully vaccinated is only part of the equation, it doesn't guarantee you are not an active carrier of the Covid-19 whichever variant. It may seem a pain in the posterior but it is for your protection and the rest of the passengers and flight crew.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ukcarer said:

Question. Do I still need a PCR test when I leave the UK, even though I'm fully vaccinated?

To visit Thailand? Yes you do. 

• Like 2

On the back of this can someone please confirm that the UK is on the official Thai red list now so it is currently not possible to travel to Phuket from the UK?  

1 hour ago, admania said:

On the back of this can someone please confirm that the UK is on the official Thai red list now so it is currently not possible to travel to Phuket from the UK?  

Unless there has been a change, the UK was on Thailand's low to medium list. However the UK FCO is still strongly advising not to travel to Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guevara said:

Unless there has been a change, the UK was on Thailand's low to medium list. However the UK FCO is still strongly advising not to travel to Thailand.

That’s also my understanding and that the U.K. remains in Thailand’s Amber list. 

The point Guevara makes regarding FCO advice is a good one. While they are advising against travel to Thailand, they are not banning travel to Thailand. The status of FCO information is important when it comes to travel insurance and I would advise you to be clear with your insurance company of where you intend to travel and how FCO advice may affect your ability to claim, should the worst happen. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ukcarer said:

Yes. Inside of 72 hours pre-departure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, admania said:

This is one of those things. The UK was moved to the Red List this week but Thai Airways had a flight from Heathrow. It's so screwed up right now that nobody knows what the real rules are. It may be that the Thai predilection for setting rules and then considering most everything to be valid exceptions to those rules has taken effect.

A note of caution to people.  Canada has been vaccinating people with a mixture of two different vaccines for the first and second shots.  They maintain this policy is safe and can offer you greater protection. This will disqualify you from traveling to the sandbox. The first and second doses must be the same, or a single shot of AstraZeneca.  I don't know if other countries have adopted this policy of mixing vaccines.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ukcarer said:

Yes, you need a negative RT-PCR test to get a Certificate of Entry to fly to Phuket

209474907_10159150130647978_8835754827321714419_n.jpg

20 hours ago, charliebb1 said:

does anyone know what proof of vaccine is accepted for COE if vaccinated in USA. where there are no official certificates just the paper cArd provided by CDC

You can only have the best documentation you can get.  Go to your Royal Thai Embassy and apply for the CoE with what you have.  They will let you know what is sufficient.  Anecdotally, it seems what you have will be enough.  Only the RTE can give you the final answer.

6 hours ago, bushav8r said:

A note of caution to people.  Canada has been vaccinating people with a mixture of two different vaccines for the first and second shots.  They maintain this policy is safe and can offer you greater protection. This will disqualify you from traveling to the sandbox. The first and second doses must be the same, or a single shot of AstraZeneca.  I don't know if other countries have adopted this policy of mixing vaccines.

True, it will currently disqualify you from the sandbox.  The rule for the sandbox is very simply you must have a full course of a vaccination as recommended by the manufacturer.  In the case of Johnson & Johnson you only need one dose as per manufacturer recommendation.  In the case of all other vaccines, you need two (2) doses.  Having a dose of one that requires two jabs and a dose of another that requires two jabs does not meet this requirement.

If holding a retirement visa and resident of Phuket returning from overseas . Can i stay at my residence or am i required to stay at an approved hotel for 14 days ? Thanks bob 

Hello, hoping somebody can help please - when travelling to Thailand, do you need to show prepaid proof of onwards travel at immigration/border control. Thank you 

2 minutes ago, chouse said:

Hello, hoping somebody can help please - when travelling to Thailand, do you need to show prepaid proof of onwards travel at immigration/border control. Thank you 

This is a s straightforward question, but without a straightforward answer. 
Strictly speaking you do need to be in possession of an outbound flight in line with your visa (or visa waiver) status. So, if for example you are on a 60 day tourist visa, strictly speaking you should have an outbound flight which shows you plan on leaving within that period. However, in all of the years I’ve been coming to Thailand, I have never once been asked to show proof of that at the immigration check point on arrival. 

Now, to add to the confusion, I note that recently, the information on the Thai Embassey website, says that if you are applying for a tourist visa you must provide details of your onward journey. It doesn’t make clear if this is simply a statement to say what you are planning,  or actual proof of a paid ticket out of the country? 

A couple a years back I was at the Embassy in Amsterdam and a young guy sat near me was applying for a 60 day tourist visa. He was asked where his outbound flight details were. He didn’t have one and so sat on his phone and booked a cheap one way flight with air Asia to Kuala Lumpur. The Embassey staff took a screen shot of his phone and job done. 

I’m sorry this was such a long half answer but this is Thailand and hence nothing to do with rules are clear cut. If it was me and I didn’t want it get bounced off the flight or have problems when I arrive, I’d either have a return flight out or book a full flex ticket that you can cancel once you arrive. 

I hope this is of some help??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bobcx said:

If holding a retirement visa and resident of Phuket returning from overseas . Can i stay at my residence or am i required to stay at an approved hotel for 14 days ? Thanks bob 

You will not be able to get a Certificate of Entry to the Phuket Sandbox without a 14-day booking of a SHA Plus hotel where you are required to stay overnight and check in with the health manager at the hotel.  Where you go doing the day is up to you.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:24 AM, admania said:

I've been asking this same question on other threads without getting any answer but I think I understand now.  It's Thailand.  There are two different lists.  One list shows the UK as having been "elevated" to high risk status; but a second list posted on the Thai Embassy web-site (Phuket sandbox page) shows countries that are eligible for the sandbox.  This includes the UK.

I actually posted my question on the Thai Embassy website but the moderator took it down.  I don't think he wanted it made public that Thailand wants tourism from the UK despite our recent elevation to high risk status.  I believe the same applies to a few other potentially lucrative, high risk countries.  As I am beginning to learn and understand, this is Thailand.  So I intend to stop asking questions and just apply for my CoE!

On 7/5/2021 at 11:33 AM, Soidog said:

This is a s straightforward question, but without a straightforward answer. 
Strictly speaking you do need to be in possession of an outbound flight in line with your visa (or visa waiver) status. So, if for example you are on a 60 day tourist visa, strictly speaking you should have an outbound flight which shows you plan on leaving within that period. However, in all of the years I’ve been coming to Thailand, I have never once been asked to show proof of that at the immigration check point on arrival. 

Now, to add to the confusion, I note that recently, the information on the Thai Embassey website, says that if you are applying for a tourist visa you must provide details of your onward journey. It doesn’t make clear if this is simply a statement to say what you are planning,  or actual proof of a paid ticket out of the country? 

A couple a years back I was at the Embassy in Amsterdam and a young guy sat near me was applying for a 60 day tourist visa. He was asked where his outbound flight details were. He didn’t have one and so sat on his phone and booked a cheap one way flight with air Asia to Kuala Lumpur. The Embassey staff took a screen shot of his phone and job done. 

I’m sorry this was such a long half answer but this is Thailand and hence nothing to do with rules are clear cut. If it was me and I didn’t want it get bounced off the flight or have problems when I arrive, I’d either have a return flight out or book a full flex ticket that you can cancel once you arrive. 

I hope this is of some help??

Thank you very much for the reply, it's much appreciated. These were my thoughts as well. In a nutshell, we have a family holiday booked to Thailand in November, however me and my partner were hoping to continue onwards to either Vietnam or the Philippines. However, due to covid, as things still aren;t clear we were unsure on where to book the onwards flight to and for when. I think we will most likely have to wait a little closer to the time before we book flights. Unfortunately with this though, prices can go up! Any further advice or suggestions would be grand, thanks!

19 minutes ago, chouse said:

Thank you very much for the reply, it's much appreciated. These were my thoughts as well. In a nutshell, we have a family holiday booked to Thailand in November, however me and my partner were hoping to continue onwards to either Vietnam or the Philippines. However, due to covid, as things still aren;t clear we were unsure on where to book the onwards flight to and for when. I think we will most likely have to wait a little closer to the time before we book flights. Unfortunately with this though, prices can go up! Any further advice or suggestions would be grand, thanks!

It’s is a tough one and I have a similar issue as I wish to stay an indeterminate amount of time in Thailand come September. It’s unclear at this stage if I will need to go to Germany for work in mid October or late November. I could book a full flex ticket but these are very expensive. I’d like to book a one way ticket and then book a return once my plans are settled. I’ve emailed the embassy today and enquired about the need to have a return flight within the time window of your visa. 

The other issue is that while I will likely enter on a 60 day tourist visa (which would cover me easily should I need to return for work in mid-October, should plans get delayed and I can return in November, I would look to extend my 60 day tourist visa by the permitted (though not assured) 30 day (90 in total).

If and when I get any updates from the Thai Embassy I will advise. Others, more knowledgable on such matters may have other options? 

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

It’s is a tough one and I have a similar issue as I wish to stay an indeterminate amount of time in Thailand come September. It’s unclear at this stage if I will need to go to Germany for work in mid October or late November. I could book a full flex ticket but these are very expensive. I’d like to book a one way ticket and then book a return once my plans are settled. I’ve emailed the embassy today and enquired about the need to have a return flight within the time window of your visa. 

The other issue is that while I will likely enter on a 60 day tourist visa (which would cover me easily should I need to return for work in mid-October, should plans get delayed and I can return in November, I would look to extend my 60 day tourist visa by the permitted (though not assured) 30 day (90 in total).

If and when I get any updates from the Thai Embassy I will advise. Others, more knowledgable on such matters may have other options? 

I'm sure we can't be the only ones in these sort of situations so fingers crossed either yourself or others get answers soon! All the best :)