News Forum - Porsche-driving Frenchmen who put Thai man in a coma denied bail

Thaiger

14 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Depends on what you define as expensive. There are people who will rent their sports cars for as low as 5,000 baht per diem.  There are a few websites that offer for 7000-10,000 baht.  I loved this one;

Luxury Car Rental As Part Of Your Package

You can also combine your car rental with other services we offer, such as party models, VIP nightclub bookings, or luxury villas.  Show up in style at the best places in town, behind the wheel of a sports car and with a stunning Thai model by your side.

I have seen these spectacles and have been reduced to tears laughing at some of the participants. Pre covid they would feature a few man bun, sockless loafer wearers guys with tight pastel coloured pants that were too short, women with inflated bosom and wearing much too much cosmetic and a few scurrying kowtowing  actors. 

I am shocked it would be that low but I definitely could be wrong

On 10/19/2022 at 11:21 PM, Marc26 said:

In Canada, you get your plates at the Insurance company, I was a bit surprised when the lady whipped out 5 plates to choose from

Very simple process, much easier than doing it in the US

No you don't.  The insurance companies in Canada have nothing to do with plates.

54 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

No you don't.  The insurance companies in Canada have nothing to do with plates.

Do you think I just made that up??? Do you think I just picked a random country and didn't have experience in doing it?

It may different depending on province, but in BC you can get your license plate at an Autoplan insurance company

So I probably should have said BC, not Canada

I bought my car, went to Autoplan to do the transfer and to purchase insurance and they gave me my plates.

As I said, she had 4 or 5 to choose from

On 10/19/2022 at 12:37 AM, Soidog said:

Now of course, that begs the more obvious question of how the feck can you be allowed to drive an unregistered vehicle away from the garage in the first place. 

In the US state I'm from, you get a dealer's plate when you buy a new car.  The DMV can take weeks to process the registration and issue the official plate.  In the meantime the dealer's plate allows tracking of where the vehicle came from and through that who the owner is if something happens. 

• Like 1