News Forum - Thailand introduces new rule for cash deposit machines

Thaiger

18 hours ago, Faz said:

Fabricating nothing, and I resent your innuendo.
I assist a number of folk with some kind of disability with extension applications, banking, transferring funds, transport etc. They're not capable of completing forms, using a smartphone or PC, let alone remember passwords or account numbers

Yes you are fabrication a "reason" for a cash deposit machine.  As stated if the person can go to a cash deposit machine, and handle a transaction it is no more difficult than doing so online or with an ATM.   If the person was so challenged with a disability they could not operate a Cash Deposit Machine either. 

14 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Half the morons on this forum couldn't fill out a simple application when there were covid requirements.............

That is true, however the person said they could go to a CDM and conduct a transaction.  The fact is that doing online or via an ATM is no more difficult.  So if the person was physically and mentally with the ability to use a CDM it is a nonsensicle to say they were so challenged they could not use an ATM to do exactly the same transaction or better yet do so with their phone.  Both of those are easier not more difficult. 

9 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

If the person was so challenged with a disability they could not operate a Cash Deposit Machine either. 

Or use a PC, or online banking, a point I previously made. Quite often the spouse, a carer, or friend has to manually perform these tasks on their behalf. They don't all have PC's, smartphones, or internet, cash transactions are their only option.

You don't need to be computer savvy, to withdraw cash at ATM's, or pay cash into a CDM, or to pay your bills via cash at 7/11 stores.

6 hours ago, Faz said:

You don't need to be computer savvy, to withdraw cash at ATM's, or pay cash into a CDM, or to pay your bills via cash at 7/11 stores.

You seem to be lost in the conversation.  There was a post about a person who stated he was concerned that now there would be future requirements on Cash Deposit Transactions.  You replied that somehow there was a class of people who were incapable of doing transactions by any other means than a Cash Deposit Machine.  I replied if the person could do one they could do the other As a matter of fact, phone banking and ATM are less complicated than going to the machine with a wad of cash, having to manually imput an account number of a payee and then make a payment 

Are there people who require banking assistance.  Sure.  However this is not the situation we are dealing with.  The person already was doing his payments via a CDM to which I suggested why?  I continue to say if you are capable of doing a CDM you can certainly do an ATM or even phone banking and I see and continue to see no purpose whatsoever for a CDM unless for some unexplained reason you can't open a conventional bank account. 

7 hours ago, longwood50 said:

That is true, however the person said they could go to a CDM and conduct a transaction.  The fact is that doing online or via an ATM is no more difficult.  So if the person was physically and mentally with the ability to use a CDM it is a nonsensicle to say they were so challenged they could not use an ATM to do exactly the same transaction or better yet do so with their phone.  Both of those are easier not more difficult. 

I went to a hockey game with my 54yr old cousin last night.. 

He has season tickets and goes every game

He still can't figure out his season ticket app to get the tickets!  😀

So I'd imagine some seniors may have a hard time navigating a smartphone!

• Like 1

I'm not lost in the conversation at all. You just fail to recognize there are those who find it simpler to pay into another account through a CDM, when all you need to do is enter the name of the bank and account number of the recipient into a keypad.

For those that don't have, or can't use a smartphone or PC, or IT illiterate, can't register, log in, let alone do a transfer online because it's like trying to teach quantum physics to a child, a fact which you just completely dismiss.

11 minutes ago, Faz said:

I'm not lost in the conversation at all. You just fail to recognize there are those who find it simpler to pay into another account through a CDM, when all you need to do is enter the name of the bank and account number of the recipient into a keypad.

For those that don't have, or can't use a smartphone or PC, and are IT illiterate, can't register, log in, let alone do a transfer online because it's like trying to teach quantum physics to a child, a fact which you just completely dismiss.

Plus the fact it is extremely common in Thailand through all ages

With how much they all borrow from each other

Many times we have stopped so my wife can use the CDM to send a family member some money

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marc26 said:

So I'd imagine some seniors may have a hard time navigating a smartphone!

Again,

All true, however the post was about a person who was making his rent payment via a CDM.  So if the person was navigating a CDM they could sure operate an ATM or smart phone.  With a CDM you have to travel to it, deposit the cash, enter the account number and then hit send.  That is far more complicated than a smart phone and certainly more complicated than an ATM.  

So to reiterate, automation may not be for everyone, but a CDM is worthless and only has a purpose if for some unexplained reason you can't get a bank account.