News Forum - Accurate Covid-19 information may have been blocked by former US president Trump’s aides

Thaiger

Former US president Donald Trump is facing an investigation over his former aides blocking the release of accurate Covid-19 information. According to the Straits Times, senior staff members at the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention claimed that the former president’s aides bullied staff and tried to rewrite their reports to align them with the former president’s downplaying of the Covid pandemic. A recent congressional report says that officials took “unprecedented steps to insert political appointees into the publication process and rebut CDC’s scientific reports, including drafting op-eds and other public messaging designed to directly counteract CDC’s findings.” Investigators […]

The story Accurate Covid-19 information may have been blocked by former US president Trump’s aides as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

There's not much "...*may have been* blocked..." to this story.  Trump is a brutal and ruthless self serving and aspiring authoritarian who would do anything to preserve his personal interests.  Bullying the CDC is just one of his many plunging affairs as he has wrecked havoc on clean air, clean energy, women's rights, human rights, and the voice of the minority.  To call him Putin would be an insult to Putin because he's not just evil and self serving, but also dumb as a rock.  He has the emotional intelligence of a 3 year old, and throws tantrums like a spoiled 2 year old single child Chinese boy, which I know well. He faked testing and certifications all throughout schooling, and burned through over $1M of daddy Trumps cash finally running the ship aground.  He's broke, desperate, and owes Russian lenderrs BILLION$$$.  He's a failed businessman, a failed politician, and a failed human.  If there's a God, he will suffer the most egregious of penalties when he's finally dead, hopefully sooner than later. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, raz said:

There's not much "...*may have been* blocked..." to this story.  Trump is a brutal and ruthless self serving and aspiring authoritarian who would do anything to preserve his personal interests.  Bullying the CDC is just one of his many plunging affairs as he has wrecked havoc on clean air, clean energy, women's rights, human rights, and the voice of the minority.  To call him Putin would be an insult to Putin because he's not just evil and self serving, but also dumb as a rock.  He has the emotional intelligence of a 3 year old, and throws tantrums like a spoiled 2 year old single child Chinese boy, which I know well. He faked testing and certifications all throughout schooling, and burned through over $1M of daddy Trumps cash finally running the ship aground.  He's broke, desperate, and owes Russian lenderrs BILLION$$$.  He's a failed businessman, a failed politician, and a failed human.  If there's a God, he will suffer the most egregious of penalties when he's finally dead, hopefully sooner than later. 

Everything you said in your post could apply to The Big Guy Joe over the last 2 years (apart from the Businessman part).

It looks by the information in the public domain one of his Covid advisers was hiding quite a bit of information from the General Public what was the blokes name again ???

It's just come to me Dr Fauci that's the one.

28 minutes ago, raz said:

Not a fan then 😂😂

The political interference  of the Trump administration wasn't a secret. Remember when the Trump administration used a criticized and unsupported "study" to  authorize hydroxychloroquine? Trade adviser Peter Navarro lead the effort, assisted by Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s lawyer, and Laura Ingraham  of Fox fame. And then there was Ivermectin, the miracle cure, that cured no one.  The nonsensical magical cures did tremendous harm and distracted from the goal at hand. I genuinely felt for some of the Trump administration who tried to do the right thing and who were often undercut and undermined by people who had no understanding of infectious communicable diseases.  These people sacrificed their careers and reputations. People such as Dr. Deborah Birx, Dr. Francis Collins ,Dr. Steven Hahn, Dr. Robert Redfield and  Dr. Jerome Adams.  All had been vetted and approved by the Republicans, and had been either nominated, appointed or endorsed by the Trump administration only to be attacked and insulted by the Trump administration as soon as they put good science and their duty ahead of Trump's politics.

It is rather telling that despite all their pushiness and hype and manipulation of  data, the proponents of the miracle cures supported by Trump were unable to prove any of their quackery cures. I do hope that the manipulation of information  issue is pursued, as I do believe that people were needlessly killed because of the interests/financial clout of the  US Cruise industry.  In September 2020, Dr. Redfield in his capacity as CDC Director tried to continue a no-sail order on passenger cruise ships into 2021 to prevent the spread of COVID-19. He was overruled by Vice President Mike Pence. The cruise ships were the the venues where some of the worst outbreaks and highest fatality rates had initially occurred. At the time of the attempt to extend, the cruise industry was unable to present an effective  comprehensive  infection containment  strategy.

2 hours ago, Vigo said:

I genuinely felt for some of the Trump administration who tried to do the right thing and who were often undercut and undermined by people who had no understanding of infectious communicable diseases.  These people sacrificed their careers and reputations. People such as Dr. Deborah Birx, Dr. Francis Collins ,Dr. Steven Hahn, Dr. Robert Redfield and  Dr. Jerome Adams.  All had been vetted and approved by the Republicans, and had been either nominated, appointed or endorsed by the Trump administration only to be attacked and insulted by the Trump administration as soon as they put good science and their duty ahead of Trump's politics.

I strongly disagree with that

With the exception of Hanh and Collins most of them were spouting crap for Trump

Jerome Adams, Birx and Redfield all were guilty of praising Trump like he was NK's Kim

Now maybe they felt that is how they had to play it with Trump, but it served the American people no good

Even Fauci, he was being interviewed last week and said he purposedly didn't go to to infamous "bleach" press conference because he knew it was going to be bad

Well, then that should have made him go even more!

So many people in all facets of his administration should have resigned and stated the reason why, (not just regarding covid) 

That would have been the proper and right thing to do for the American people, to publicize his insanity and corruption when it was happening, but they all waited to sell books

19 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I strongly disagree with that

With the exception of Hanh and Collins most of them were spouting crap for Trump

Jerome Adams, Birx and Redfield all were guilty of praising Trump like he was NK's Kim

Now maybe they felt that is how they had to play it with Trump, but it served the American people no good

Even Fauci, he was being interviewed last week and said he purposedly didn't go to to infamous "bleach" press conference because he knew it was going to be bad

Well, then that should have made him go even more!

So many people in all facets of his administration should have resigned and stated the reason why, (not just regarding covid) 

That would have been the proper and right thing to do for the American people, to publicize his insanity and corruption when it was happening, but they all waited to sell books

I understand your point and I certainly am on shaky ground to argue against you, but Birx gave a telling interview on how she realizes and recognizes how it looked. She was sidelined from the administration because she did stand up to Peter Navarro and Trump. The end result is that a  hardworking  woman who gave her life to public service was exiled to the land of infamy because of the administration. Yes, poor Dr. Adams looked like he was appeasing the great leader, but his strategy was similar to dealing with patients who won't follow a treatment regimen. He tried to play to Trump's ego. In public it looked pathetic, but  it can be argued that this was the only option he had. Resigning would have accomplished nothing as a yes man hack would have been appointed to replace him. Dr. Redfield had the same strategy, but the evidence is that he fought back behind the scenes. Imagine how he must have been seething with resentment when Pence reversed his medical guidance on the cruise ships. Redfield was a military veteran and respecting the chain of command was in his dna. Yes, he looked like a weak yes man in public, but the poor guy was doing his best to protect the population. I feel sorry for them trying to do a responsible job while being undermined by wackos like Mr. Pillow  promoting useless pills and potions.  The end result is that all these people get blamed for what was caused by Trump and his collection of misfits. They tried to do their best in some very difficult circumstances.

27 minutes ago, Vigo said:

I understand your point and I certainly am on shaky ground to argue against you, but Birx gave a telling interview on how she realizes and recognizes how it looked. She was sidelined from the administration because she did stand up to Peter Navarro and Trump. The end result is that a  hardworking  woman who gave her life to public service was exiled to the land of infamy because of the administration. Yes, poor Dr. Adams looked like he was appeasing the great leader, but his strategy was similar to dealing with patients who won't follow a treatment regimen. He tried to play to Trump's ego. In public it looked pathetic, but  it can be argued that this was the only option he had. Resigning would have accomplished nothing as a yes man hack would have been appointed to replace him. Dr. Redfield had the same strategy, but the evidence is that he fought back behind the scenes. Imagine how he must have been seething with resentment when Pence reversed his medical guidance on the cruise ships. Redfield was a military veteran and respecting the chain of command was in his dna. Yes, he looked like a weak yes man in public, but the poor guy was doing his best to protect the population. I feel sorry for them trying to do a responsible job while being undermined by wackos like Mr. Pillow  promoting useless pills and potions.  The end result is that all these people get blamed for what was caused by Trump and his collection of misfits. They tried to do their best in some very difficult circumstances.

I don't disagree with that outlook, I said as much above

But I think it was the weak and wrong approach and it did a disservice to the American people

Birx was a lapdog but eventually did good work when she distanced herself and went out into the field

But the damage was done, IMO

But as you said, it was a difficult position for them

Here she is blaming the media for concentrating on the fact the President suggested injected disinfectant!