News Forum - Bangkok could hit lows of 15°C by end of October

Thaiger

Time to invest in a wooly sweater or two as Bangkok is transitioning into ‘winter.’ By the end of the month, the temperature in the capital could hit lows of 15 degrees Celsius, according to the Meteorological Department.  Yesterday, a chill was felt in the capital for the first time in a long time, reaching lows of 22 degrees Celsius. The department expects the temperature to continually drop over the next 10 days, before Thailand officially enters ‘winter,’ or ‘cold season,’ on the last Sunday of October. The department expects winter in Thailand to last longer than usual this year. […]

The story Bangkok could hit lows of 15°C by end of October as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Wait for the claim the lower temperatures are due to global warming. Whoops sorry they changed it to climate change because average yearly temps, (taking winter into account) are in many cases no higher just like they use every weather event  to push the CC rhetoric. 

• Like 1

Just bought my girlfriend her "annual winter coat" 😂 I'm always entertained at what a Thai will wear when it gets "cold"... And these winter coats are legit. Went to MBK yesterday and on the ground floor they have 1000s for sale all at 300 baht or less.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Just bought my girlfriend her "annual winter coat" 😂 I'm always entertained at what a Thai will wear when it gets "cold"... And these winter coats are legit. Went to MBK yesterday and on the ground floor they have 1000s for sale all at 300 baht or less.

Yes it’s funny seeing the locals with coats, hats, scarfs and gloves while the tourists are in T-shirts and shorts. I was once told that many Thais love the style of warm jumpers and big coats but rarely, if ever, get the chance experience it. Any excuse to break out the winter woollens is jumped at. Can’t say I blame them. 

• Like 1