News Forum - Google Maps update makes it easy to find EV charging stations in Thailand

Thaiger

As more and more people opt for electric vehicles (EVs) in Thailand, Google Maps has added a feature to make it easy to find a place to charge your car. Google added the feature after searches for EV charging stations in the kingdom grew by 350% over the past year. Simply launch the app and search for EV charging stations to find a list of nearby chargers. The power rating is displayed which allows drivers to pick a fast or slow charging option. There are now 1,200 EV charging stations in Thailand, mostly located in and around the capital. The […]

The story Google Maps update makes it easy to find EV charging stations in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Bottom line buy an EV and live in the city 

I seriously  doubt Thailand will ditch diesel and petrol vehicles in my lifetime so they can keep their over priced EV's and I will stick to my diesel with its 900km range before  a fill up at one of the country wide fuel stations .

58 minutes ago, BillO said:

Which are powered by fossil fuels right? Lol People are silly! 

In Thailand it is hard to make the case for EV vehicles. Around 80% of its power generation is from fossil fuels and while every little helps, from a carbon perspective EV in Thailand is marginal. One advantage however is the impact on air pollution in towns and cities. Though again, some cities biggest issue is crop burning. 

As you look at fully developed countries such as the U.K. and Germany, the carbon and renewable energy mix is closer to 50% for both countries.