News Forum - VIDEO: Porsche-driving Frenchmen put Thai man in a coma in Koh Samui

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Victim - a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action

Self defense - the use of force to protect yourself against someone who is attacking you. 

10 hours ago, Soidog said:

Oh please. Come on. You know Thailand better than that? 

It is my first week in Thailand. I don't know anything 🤭

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Self defense - the use of force to protect yourself against someone who is attacking you. 

As the victim did!

You're not refused bail, held in custody, and try to negotiate a settlement with the victim's spouse for no reason. I'm sure the police have more video footage of the altercation than has been made available to the public in regard to who instigated the conflict.

18 minutes ago, Faz said:

You're not refused bail, held in custody, and try to negotiate a settlement with the victim's spouse for no reason.

Unless you are in Thailand. We don’t know the whole story but there seems to be more to it than the “Good Samaritan viciously attacked” angle presented by the wife and repeated in the media - at least 50% more aka the other side of the story currently muzzled in jail. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

If there is a bar fight in North America and someone falls and hit their head

The person who made them fall is usually charged 

Even if it was a mutual fight

Seen people go to jail for manslaughter for being unlucky that the person they hit fell and hit their head 

All bars should make it mandatory for people to sign a liability waiver before starting a fight 🤔

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Unless you are in Thailand. We don’t know the whole story but there seems to be more to it than the “Good Samaritan viciously attacked” angle presented by the wife and repeated in the media - at least 50% more aka the other side of the story currently muzzled in jail. 

I agree. At the end of the day, it is likely we will never get the full story. 

One of the things that does strike me as odd. If these French guys were engaged enough in Thailand to be able to buy or even rent a new Porsche in Bangkok and take it to Samui, then these aren’t your average 2 week tourists. They will know how Thailand operates and how futile it can be to engage in a street fight with a local.  If they have a business here then they will know the dangers of getting involved with the police. 

Most likely there is some criminal element to this and if so it’s probably drug related. But to randomly stop your Porsche at 90 degrees in the road and get out and start a street fight with a local man whose wife or GF is present simply makes no sense whatsoever. The video I have seen doesn’t really show the lead up to it. It does show the French guy turning away and Thai man kicking him (he had a chance to walk away). It does show the French guy catching him with a clean punch and putting the Thai man on his back (chance to stay down and know you’re on a loser). Finally it shows the French guy hit him again as he confronts him and he falls and hits his head. He wasn’t beaten in to a coma, he hit his head. This is something all dickheads out there never seem to understand. Once punch can kill. 

I’ve not heard how the Thai man is getting on. The French guys must be praying he recovers. Whatever the outcome is in terms of guilt, these French will have to pay up. If they do, they will most likely walk free. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cabra said:

If the Thai dies, it's still manslaughter and that will get you jail time. 

Unless the French are mega rich. Which I doubt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

If the threat involves deadly force, the person defending themselves can use deadly force to counteract the threat. If, however, the threat involves only minor force and the person claiming self-defense uses force that could cause grievous bodily harm or death, the claim of self-defense will fail.

www.findlaw.com

Just now, Soidog said:

Unless the French are mega rich. Which I doubt

Money always walks. It seems. Nearly everywhere the world over