News Forum - Tears in Hogwarts – Hagrid is dead

Thaiger

Robbie Coltrane, probably best known for his role as Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies, has died aged 72. Born Anthony Robert McMillan in Glasgow, Coltrane went to Glasgow School of Art until he had second thoughts about talent, and switched to acting in and doing standup, taking his name from jazz musician John Coltrane. Coltrane started out with small parts in films and TV shows, including Flash Gordon, Are You Being Served? His unique appearance ensuring he stood out from the crowd. In the early 1980s, TV sketch shows such as A Kick Up the Eighties placed him in […]

The story Tears in Hogwarts – Hagrid is dead as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

Millennials will remember Robbie Coltrane for the Harry Potter movies. To be honest, I didn’t realise he was in those movies, never seen them.

I remember him for Nuns on the Run, The Young Ones and Cracker, among others. Great actor, very versatile. R.I.P.

• Like 2

Its not often you find an actor who can play serious or humorous roles with excellence. 

Often found drinking in pubs like Oran Mor. He was a big guy. Ex rugby player. Stood over 6 feet. Absolute gentleman. No airs and graces. Never forgot he was a son of Rutherglen.

He will be missed.

I cannot think  anyone as versatile and capable as he was. Everything he did was high quality. I first saw him in reruns of Cracker,  Dr. Eddie "Fitz" Fitzgerald - what a role/job. That's the one go to actor I'm going to miss.  I had hoped that one day they would bring back Rumpole of the Bailey and that he would be given the role.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Robbie Coltrane, probably best known for his role as Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies, has died aged 72.

He doesn't look 72. RIP