Suvarnabhumi overnight hotel options

KaptainRob

Ever had to do an overnighter in Bangkok between flights? 

Accomodation options, apart from airside lounges, are limited to the Novotel at approx usd $200 for a standard room OR any of the budget offerings in nearby suburbs, approx 2 or 3 kms away.  Some of those options look great in the photos, likely taken 30 years ago so beware, read the reviews carefully.

There are sleep capsules on the basement level of the airport but they would not suit most travellers and are priced for short naps.

One solution ..... take the Airport train from the basement level to Makassan station, 35 baht each way and takes approx 25 minutes.  Exit the station and cross over toward Asoke Montri road and into the very 1st soi.  Within 5 minutes walk from Makassan you'll find the FX METROLINK MAKKASAN hotel.

Directly adjacent the MRT station you can even travel within the city for shopping or meals if time permits.  This hotel cost me a little under 700 baht and my room was clean, fully equipped with water, coffee and tea, and toiletries.  It is also relatively quiet as the location is back from main roads, actually in a strange little soi, but quite safe.

• Like 1

Another good hotel is the Sukhon Hotel. It's located at the bottom of the steps outside Phya Thai BTS and its the end station for the Airport express so you leave the hotel straight onto the airport link in the morning for an early flight. 

I used it on my last flight to the UK and would say the hotel was good and for airport travel 10/10. 

• Like 2

Currently, with the new security gates installed, it takes approx 45 to 60 minutes from check in to clearing thru to airside for international flights.  Depending on the gate, you might then face a 10 minute walk and should be inside the gate lounge at least 20 mins before departure.

Therefore, allow travel time to Suvarnabhumi plus and absolute minimum of 90 minutes .... 2 hours better but still tight if you encounter a hold up or security delay.

Good to see the airport almost back to normal pre-covid traffic levels.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi

My flight from Bangkok is at 10:30 am on 21st March 2024. Is there any bus or van from Pattaya at 6:00 in the morning?

16 minutes ago, AbhishekSingh said:

Hi

My flight from Bangkok is at 10:30 am on 21st March 2024. Is there any bus or van from Pattaya at 6:00 in the morning?

Book a private car and you can leave when you wish. Cost around 2,000 Baht.