A drug to help you get to sleep.

Lumpy_Custard

Ive been having an ongoing problem with falling to sleep when I go to bed at night time. After seeing a hospital doctor the drug Diphenhydramine was recommended. I have been taking this drug ( 1 x 10mg ) just before before going to sleep at bed time and it seems to work fairly well allowing me to fall sound asleep and not constantly keep waking up throughout the night . 

As the Diphenhydramine could become addictive I’m now looking for an alternative .

Any one here ever used a drug to help you get to sleep and if so what type of drug was it , or if any one can recommend some thing else , that would be a great help

LC 🛌

Melatonin 5mg , take before sleep.  Works a treat and freely available, not on prescription.  It is not a sleeping medicine as such, but it does have a regulatory role in sleeping. 

28 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Melatonin 5mg , take before sleep.  Works a treat and freely available, not on prescription.  It is not a sleeping medicine as such, but it does have a regulatory role in sleeping. 

Thanks for that 🙏

I'm going to check it out .

LC

I occasionally use Valerian which is available through iherb for around 250 baht.

It gives me a restful nights sleep, with very vivid enjoyable dreams.

As for Dimenhydrazine being addictive. It's on OTC medication, so I really doubt it would become physically addictive.

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/diphenhydramine/

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-870/valerian 

Then of course there are the Benzodiapines, such as Diazepam. 

Only available with a prescription & there is a strong risk of addiction or dependency.

Used for a very short period of time, they will help you relax & sleep.

Fan dee....:classic_rolleyes:

Good dreams.