News Forum - Drug-addled cabbie faces jail for driving under the influence

Thaiger

A drug-addled cabbie faces time in jail for dangerous driving while allegedly under the influence of narcotics in the Kathu district of Phuket. A motorcycle rider brought to light the drug-taking cab driver’s antics after becoming a victim of his erratic behaviour on the road. The taxi driver scolded the motorcycle rider after the latter complained. He said… “Don’t butt in! I’m a Phuket local! Who are you? Don’t show off in my town!” The Facebook page, So cruel, Phuket (โหดจัง จังหวัดภูเก็ต), posted a video of the 33 year old yaba-dabba-doo loving taxi driver called Sak, arguing with a man […]

The story Drug-addled cabbie faces jail for driving under the influence as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

If you're addled, it's never a good thing.  Do you ever hear happiness-addled or luckiness-addled?  Of course not.  It's always drug-addled, booze-addled.   

17 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Start drug testing all of them. Some of these “professional” drivers are a menace on the roads. 

It's actually weird that this isn't a requirement to be a taxi driver. So many of them are abusing drugs that it really should be a requirement.

The only way to eradicate this kind of issues is to allow regular frequent public transport between the airport and the city center once every 15 minutes similar to BKK. Let every tourists choose the public transport That way tourists will feel more safe and comfortable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinga said:

It's actually weird that this isn't a requirement to be a taxi driver. So many of them are abusing drugs that it really should be a requirement.

Get real. Why sould it be? Rule here is the cops test people to pee into a cup. And then knock them up or not. I have been in plenty of taxi rides that you could smell the stuff protruding from them. Many I just told them, pull over and get out.

Hands up any one who hasn't  had at least one cab ride where the thai cabbie is either under the influence  of alcohol or some sort of drugs .  Every cab rides a lucky dip .

5 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Hands up any one who hasn't  had at least one cab ride where the thai cabbie is either under the influence  of alcohol or some sort of drugs .  Every cab rides a lucky dip .

Yes, I have had a few scary taxi rides, not exclusively a Thailand problem though. At least here in the UK taxis are fairly tightly regulated, even just refusing to use the meter could get them their licence pulled. The attitude of the Phuket taxi drivers is quite telling, they know that they have acquired a bad reputation, but seem to think that it is all down how they are perceived and nothing to do with how they behave. 

• Like 1

I am required to complete a daily Breath Alcohol Test (BAC) and random drug tests to work in the mining industry in Australia and am happy to do it as I know that the people I am working around are not under the influence of any substance.

Taxi drivers have the lives of their passengers in their hands so they should be required to do the same thing.

If they don't want to do it, no problem, find another job.