News Forum - CNN to be prosecuted for invasive daycare massacre coverage

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Like I said Cabra a picture paints a thousand words don't tell me you haven't spotted the obvious?.

I see the blond women holding a mic and a caucasian man climbing over a low fence. What I'm I not seeing? 

5 minutes ago, Cabra said:

I see a blond women holding a mic and a caucasian man climbing over a low fence. What am I not seeing? 

The obvious?

I can't spell it out or I'll be in breach of the Forum Guildlines. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Cabra said:

I see a blond women holding a mic and a caucasian man climbing over a low fence. What am I not seeing? 

You dont see the horde of Thais shooting much worse pictures and videos with their smartphones. And posting them all over the internet. But for a Thai that's probably legal. And morally right. Thai moral that is 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vigo said:

So you didn't see any of the CNNi reports. I did.  How else do you expect people to be informed of events in Thailand? Considering the bias shown by ruling class media owners. and lack of news media independence in Thailand, what option do you propose for reputable and reliable reporting? Tim Newton isn't available for on the spot reporting.

I am sure you did.

I would never ever watch CNN and the like for many reasons that would be too long to explain here and would be off topic anyway. As for this perticular news, a nut case massacred kids and people, Although I do not even care I know anyway that he was a former policeman and a drug addict (he was a nut case, I do not really care to know he was a policeman, a postman, a plumber,...), I know the number of deaths, I can imagine the inconsolable sadness of the families. That is all I need to know. I surely do not need CNN and the like to get the above and only information I need to know, with added gruesome details and pics of beds full of blood as cherries on the cake.

I saw only one CNN news about this tragedy in the nursery. The report was balanced and certainly not invasive. As someone mentioned above, thai reporters often make their reports much more invasive. It would be better for the government to deal with the problem of access to weapons and security in schools and nurseries than prosecuting those who report it. Not talking about the tragedy would not cause the tragedy to be gone.

43 minutes ago, stapoz said:

I saw only one CNN news about this tragedy in the nursery. The report was balanced and certainly not invasive. As someone mentioned above, thai reporters often make their reports much more invasive. It would be better for the government to deal with the problem of access to weapons and security in schools and nurseries than prosecuting those who report it. Not talking about the tragedy would not cause the tragedy to be gone.

Yes, only because CNN had removed the gruesome video from its webiste cause they were facing prosecution (advised I am sure by a legion of shark-lawyers) otherwise you would have of course seen on tv too that nice video full of blood...

I agree with the Thai reporting part of your comment though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vigo said:

Where have you been for the past day? there is no need to "persecute" independent media, who made a possible  error through no fault of their own.  In case you missed it;

"Thai authorities cleared them of wrongdoing for entering the day care center ......, saying they had filmed inside believing they had obtained permission. Deputy national police chief Surachate Hakparn said the journalists had been waved into the building by a volunteer or a health officer, but did not know the person was not authorized to allow them inside."

https://www.voanews.com/a/cnn-crew-fined-leaving-thailand-in-day-care-attack-coverage/6782317.html

The allegations came because a Thai  posted a picture of a CNN freelancer climbing over a small wall. The photo was taken out of context and misconstrued. CNN has stated that " the crew had entered the premises when the police cordon had been removed from the center, and were told by three public health officials exiting the building that they could film inside. “The team gathered footage inside the center for around 15 minutes, then left. During this time, the cordon had been set back in place, so the team needed to climb over the fence at the center to leave".

If and when any of the haters of CNN here are ever accused of  "wrongdoing" based upon flimsy evidence, I hope they are never treated with as much anger and disregard for due process as they have shown here.

If you bother to read I said quite clearly, "if proven to be true". That should have made it perfectly clear. I assume however that your objection probably has more to do with me questioning CNN's reputation.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 23RD said:

Like I said Cabra a picture paints a thousand words don't tell me you haven't spotted the obvious?.

And the more unstable and irrational the viewer, the greater the likelihood of a  misinterpretation, usually, intentional.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

And the more unstable and irrational the viewer, the greater the likelihood of a  misinterpretation, usually, intentional.

Correction...............always intentional

• Like 1

"So where were the police tasked with protecting the crime scene?"

Out spending the money they were bribed with to 'turn a blind eye' maybe.

13 hours ago, Donald said:

If you bother to read I said quite clearly, "if proven to be true". That should have made it perfectly clear. I assume however that your objection probably has more to do with me questioning CNN's reputation.

No, it is me questioning the reliability of an allegation that was unsubstantiated. it seems to me that this story served as an opportunity for some people to attack CNN for imagined slights that have nothing to do with the allegation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1