News Forum - Thailand News Today | 36 dead in a mass shooting at a nursery in northeast Thailand

Thaiger

36 dead in a mass shooting at a nursery in northeast Thailand Mass shooting at a childcare centre in Thailand’s northeastern province of Nong Bua Lam Phu. Initial reports indicate that 30 people were killed, mostly children. The perpetrator is 34-year-old Panya Khamrap, who is a former policeman. He was fired from the force last year. The culprit escaped in a white 4-door Vigo pickup truck, Bangkok registration, heavily scratched on the front. The bumper fell off as he drove away. Reports say that Panya was fired from his position in the police force last year for failing a […]

The story Thailand News Today | 36 dead in a mass shooting at a nursery in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

21 minutes ago, palooka said:

Another western negative being adopted by Thailand.

Why do these gutless retards hurt the children?

No, it is not a "western negative". On the contrary, attacking children's nurseries is an Asian characteristic. How many attacks on western based daycares and nurseries in the past 4 years can you cite? Has there been one? Well, mainland China has suffered  a number of these types of attacks, as have Japan and South korea to a lesser extent (all pre Covid). The smaller incidents are just not shared with the  "western media".  Here's some help;

Man with knife attacks Chinese nursery, killing three - The tragedy is the latest in a recent series of mass stabbings. 3-Aug-2022 https://adnamerica.com/en/china/man-knife-attacks-chinese-nursery-killing-three

April 2022- A knife-wielding man killed two and wounded 16 when he attacked a nursery school  Beiliu, China.

Woman stabs 14 children in nursery rampage in China as they walked into lessons A WOMAN stabbed 14 young children by a woman who went on the rampage in a children's nursery in Banan District, Chongqing, China. - Oct 26, 2018 https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1036615/China-kindergarten-murder-2-dead-14-children-stabbed-woman-Chongqing

The perps are not "gutless retards". It takes some intelligence to be able to organize such a tragic event and to achieve the horrific results.They are people who have lived in the open and are known to society. Their psychological problems  are seen by all. However, society does not respond until the tragedy occurs. Sometimes  society cannot, and at other times will not intervene.  I am willing to wager that if this man killed his wife and kid it wasn't the first act of domestic violence against them. We all know that domestic violence isn't a priority in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Another western negative being adopted by Thailand.

Why do these gutless retards hurt the children?

The real cause here if the Thai (and BBC) news report is accurate, is the culprit was a meth addict and a fired and corrupt Thai police officer.  But take a deeper look regarding the destabilization of people around the world due to meth and other drugs.  The best information available is over 75 percent of the raw ingredients that are used to produce meth come from China, the end product produced in Myanmar and then for the Asian (including South Pacific) products make their way through Thailand.  The Thai government, like all government's need to stop the spread of these deadly and psychologically damaging drugs. 

We can ask the question here in the USA and Thailand?  Who is getting paid off to look the other way when these drugs come across the border.  And ask the question, "why is China not held accountable in an international court"?

I found it ironic that here in the USA the Mexican drug cartels get 90 percent of their raw ingredients to make these drugs from China.

So, to your point about "another western negative"? I don't think so.  This problem is worldwide, and it was only a matter of time before some Thai citizen went on a drug induced rampage against his own citizens.  My Thai wife was in tears this morning after reading this new story.  It strikes very close to home for us, here in the USA and Thailand.

Regards....

(Former expat in Thailand) 

https://www.voanews.com/a/east-asia-pacific_chemicals-meth-out-asias-booming-golden-triangle-drug-trade/6206451.html

https://www.dw.com/en/is-southeast-asias-drug-trade-too-big-to-control/a-53500062

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/11/the-new-meth/620174/

Edited by SkyDogJack
More info
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Vigo said:

No, it is not a "western negative". On the contrary, attacking children's nurseries is an Asian characteristic. How many attacks on western based daycares and nurseries in the past 4 years can you cite? Has there been one? Well, mainland China has suffered  a number of these types of attacks, as have Japan and South korea to a lesser extent (all pre Covid). The smaller incidents are just not shared with the  "western media".  Here's some help;

Man with knife attacks Chinese nursery, killing three - The tragedy is the latest in a recent series of mass stabbings. 3-Aug-2022 https://adnamerica.com/en/china/man-knife-attacks-chinese-nursery-killing-three

April 2022- A knife-wielding man killed two and wounded 16 when he attacked a nursery school  Beiliu, China.

Woman stabs 14 children in nursery rampage in China as they walked into lessons A WOMAN stabbed 14 young children by a woman who went on the rampage in a children's nursery in Banan District, Chongqing, China. - Oct 26, 2018 https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1036615/China-kindergarten-murder-2-dead-14-children-stabbed-woman-Chongqing

The perps are not "gutless retards". It takes some intelligence to be able to organize such a tragic event and to achieve the horrific results.They are people who have lived in the open and are known to society. Their psychological problems  are seen by all. However, society does not respond until the tragedy occurs. Sometimes  society cannot, and at other times will not intervene.  I am willing to wager that if this man killed his wife and kid it wasn't the first act of domestic violence against them. We all know that domestic violence isn't a priority in Thailand.

Personally I define children from birth to adulthood and on that basis I think USA leads by a long margin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vigo said:

Sorry forgot to add the link to my previous answer.

51 Years of Data: K-12 School Shooting Statistics Everyone Should Know - Campus Safety (campussafetymagazine.com)

Maybe difficult to manage but my question is that as he was a known drug user (the report says addict), sacked by the police force due to corruption and had just been to court.

Why wasn't his gun taken away from him, the report says that he had acquired it legally but this doesn't mean he should have been able to keep it once it was evident that he was not a fit person to own a gun.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Personally I define children from birth to adulthood and on that basis I think USA leads by a long margin.

This debate is unecessary... In this world, there are good people and evil ones, decent people and mad ones, saints and mass murderers, etc.... Thailand just got one of the lattest, it is just so sad for these kids and their families. That's really all there is to say.

• Like 4

The problem here from start to finish is this filth speed, the world is awash with. Yaa Baa, Meth, Speed, Crank, Crystal Meth, All the same, only purity varies. And method of manufacture. This is the real destroyer. Pulling lithium batteries apart to use as the catalyst plus the drain cleaner and other caustic substances. The damage speed does physiologically to the brain is profound and irreversible. It damages every facet of the body and inevitably spirals into madness. Cheap and easy to manufacture with massive profits to be had by the corrupt that facilitate its manufacture and distribution. This is the only substance that is destroying generations and sending people irreversibly crazy rotting brain and body,  and I know that there is a lot worse to come yet as the market floods.... "Unless"... Someone in power has the guts to stand up and legalise ALL drugs  therefore retaining a modicum of control. Get the massive profits away from the politicians, officials and the gangster cartels. Unlike other drugs once addicted to speed in all its forms there is NO TREATMENT AVAILABLE. The damage to the body is permanent and irreversible. 

• Like 1

https://www.springboardrecovery.com/wp-content/uploads/Meth-mouth-pictures1.jpeg

Meth Mouth Due to prolonged use of Yaa Baa, Speed, Methamphetamine 

10 hours ago, palooka said:

Ok, so you have posted a link for US data that shows a 50 year data pool. This in itself does not create a "western negative". The "west' is not the USA. My illustrated point was that these incidents do occur in non -western countries as well. Mental illness is not specific to one country, or one culture or on geographic zone.

It takes a specific type of detachment from the inner moral compass, an individual psychosis that allows a person to go on a killing rampage that targets children, or puppies or kittens. All of the aforementioned  creatures will initiate an instinctive protectionist or caring interest in sane human beings. To be able to shut off that hard wired intrinsic part of our behaviour indicates that the  person is seriously ill and very dangerous. These people live in plain sight and have a history of  violent milestones that culminates in the mass killing event. 

Pointing a finger at a "western" caused  affliction allows culpable bodies to avoid responsibility.  For example, it was quite obvious from his past that he was a dangerous deviant,  and yet he was walking about with a firearm. Could the police  and/or the courts moved faster against him? Most likely.  If the man had a history of domestic disputes (my personal belief), why wasn't there any intervention to stop him earlier. The point here is that these events build up and that there are almost always possible intervention points. The killer's friends, family, co-workers, work supervisors and community officials all had opportunities to intervene. Obviously, no one did, and the result is the mass murder. Thailand's reluctance to pursue corrupt or troubled police officers and to address domestic violence, is a major factor in the violence that these suspended or terminated  police officers often engage in.  This isn't a "western" caused problem.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cazna said:

The problem here from start to finish is this filth speed, the world is awash with. Yaa Baa, Meth, Speed, Crank, Crystal Meth, All the same, only purity varies. And method of manufacture. This is the real destroyer. Pulling lithium batteries apart to use as the catalyst plus the drain cleaner and other caustic substances. The damage speed does physiologically to the brain is profound and irreversible. It damages every facet of the body and inevitably spirals into madness. Cheap and easy to manufacture with massive profits to be had by the corrupt that facilitate its manufacture and distribution. This is the only substance that is destroying generations and sending people irreversibly crazy rotting brain and body,  and I know that there is a lot worse to come yet as the market floods.... "Unless"... Someone in power has the guts to stand up and legalise ALL drugs  therefore retaining a modicum of control. Get the massive profits away from the politicians, officials and the gangster cartels. Unlike other drugs once addicted to speed in all its forms there is NO TREATMENT AVAILABLE. The damage to the body is permanent and irreversible. 

Cazna,

Good comments.  A couple of observations regarding Meth.  It is stronger today, close to 90 percent pure, using the Chinese precursors.  The damage and addiction are beyond comprehension. You are right about "no treatment", in the conventional rehabilitation sense.  Recovery is possible, but it requires substantial investment in time, money, family and community support, plus an unshakable desire on the part of the addict to want recovery.  I'm only going to speak from my memory when I was working with addicts years ago and not bother with citations on a few other aspects regarding meth.  

The damage is in fact permanent, but given enough time, much of the physical and psychological damage can be reversed.  Not all of it unfortunately.  Once a person has progressed to methenamine psychosis, the chances of recovery are less than one percent.  About 50 percent of those that recovery from meth addiction "relapse". This is one of the reasons this drug is such an evil drug.  It does create permanent changes in the brain, especially dopamine receptors.  Most rehabilitation clinics won't even take this addiction on unless the addict's family and community are there for support.  Many addicts actually need to move away from everyone ever associated with to stand a chance for recovery.  Unfortunately for the addict that wants to try and escape this drugs clutches, he or she is now so stigmatized, there is no support system to even make the attempt.

I don't think most people understand just how severe meth psychosis is.  It is as powerful as psychotic schizophrenia, and the person cannot differentiate between reality and delusional thinking.

This is only going to get worse worldwide.  I remember when I was visiting New Zealand in 2019 there was a billboard leaving the airport with a warning for elementary children's parents to "talk with them about meth". I thought then, we have already lost this battle.

We have never seen a drug like this in our lifetime. Opium and heroin are nothing compared to this drug.  The people who use this drug and become addicted are not evil.  They are victims of an international drug production and distribution network with the sole intent on making money and destroying lives. 

Thanks again for your comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, SkyDogJack said:

Once a person has progressed to methenamine psychosis, the chances of recovery are less than one percent. 

Could you explain more about this, please.

I also note that 'no drugs were detected ....'

But apparently Meth is detectable in hair samples up to three months. I wonder which toxicology method was used.

Interesting post.👍

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Could you explain more about this, please.

I also note that 'no drugs were detected ....'

But apparently Meth is detectable in hair samples up to three months. I wonder which toxicology method was used.

Interesting post.👍

Hi faraday,

I'll do my best to try and explain.  You are right about Meth being detectable for months in the hair.  As to regarding urine and blood? Depending on the level of usage, it can clear the human system in as little as 72 hours.  A heavy user? It might take a week, but Meth gets processed very quicky, so I'm not surprised if the test was not molecular, it might read no detectable traces.

The problem is as was mentions by another poster is that the neurochemical (psychological) effects can last for years, if not forever.  It is very common to see someone who has stopped using Meth (and even alcohol) to experience hallucinations long after stopping the abuse.  In fact, when we think about how drug abusers go through the process of withdrawal, they experience distorted reality and perceptions.  often, this is the most difficult time for the person in recovery, and usually when relapse will occur.  

All that said, even someone who has recovered from their addition and has resumed a somewhat normal life, will often experience episodes of paranoia, delusions and other psychotic symptoms.  I would not let the absence of a detectable amount of an illicit drug change my own perspective regarding the neurological damage that has already been done.

I hope that answers you observation.

Regards...

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 2:35 AM, SkyDogJack said:

Cazna,

Good comments.  A couple of observations regarding Meth.  It is stronger today, close to 90 percent pure, using the Chinese precursors.  The damage and addiction are beyond comprehension. You are right about "no treatment", in the conventional rehabilitation sense.  Recovery is possible, but it requires substantial investment in time, money, family and community support, plus an unshakable desire on the part of the addict to want recovery.  I'm only going to speak from my memory when I was working with addicts years ago and not bother with citations on a few other aspects regarding meth.  

The damage is in fact permanent, but given enough time, much of the physical and psychological damage can be reversed.  Not all of it unfortunately.  Once a person has progressed to methenamine psychosis, the chances of recovery are less than one percent.  About 50 percent of those that recovery from meth addiction "relapse". This is one of the reasons this drug is such an evil drug.  It does create permanent changes in the brain, especially dopamine receptors.  Most rehabilitation clinics won't even take this addiction on unless the addict's family and community are there for support.  Many addicts actually need to move away from everyone ever associated with to stand a chance for recovery.  Unfortunately for the addict that wants to try and escape this drugs clutches, he or she is now so stigmatized, there is no support system to even make the attempt.

I don't think most people understand just how severe meth psychosis is.  It is as powerful as psychotic schizophrenia, and the person cannot differentiate between reality and delusional thinking.

This is only going to get worse worldwide.  I remember when I was visiting New Zealand in 2019 there was a billboard leaving the airport with a warning for elementary children's parents to "talk with them about meth". I thought then, we have already lost this battle.

We have never seen a drug like this in our lifetime. Opium and heroin are nothing compared to this drug.  The people who use this drug and become addicted are not evil.  They are victims of an international drug production and distribution network with the sole intent on making money and destroying lives. 

Thanks again for your comment.

Absolutely first class. I wish I could respond at the intellectual level that you are able to. My anger at the destruction of innocents at the hands of the corrupt few puts me in an emotional state where I cannot think. You have put into words exactly where I am coming from after seeing first hand the ongoing decimation wreaked on the youth of Australia. It is I that should be thanking you. For If this makes just one person think. Or one official feel strongly enough to devote real time and effort to this cause .......... 🙏

• Thanks 1