News Forum - Thailand voted No.3 in list of ‘Top Countries In The World 2022’

Thaiger

Thailand was voted No.3 best country in the world to travel to in this year’s Readers’ Choice Awards by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine. Europe dominated the list of 48 countries, with Thailand and Singapore the only Southeast Asian nations to make the top 10. Thousands of people voted in numerous ‘best of’ lists… best countries, cities, islands, resorts, hotels, etc. Thai locations ranked highly in several categories… Top 10 Countries In The World 2022 Portugal 91.22 Japan 91.17 Thailand 90.46 Singapore 90.09 India 90.01 Greece 89.79 Denmark 89.62 The United Kingdom 89.12 Italy 89.12 New Zealand 89.01 Readers also voted […]

The story Thailand voted No.3 in list of ‘Top Countries In The World 2022’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Denmark beats Italy etc. I wouldnt take this survay to seriously.

Cheers thanks for the heads up . I thougt surveys like this were always 100% correct. Especially since there has been fa travel tourist wise in the last 2 years ....

Edited by Gluayyai
  • Like 1

That's like a car manufacturer stating that their car got voted "car of the year". Wonder who decides and who are asked to participate in any of these so called "surveys".

13 minutes ago, BJoe said:

The BIG question is ….Who are the readers that voted ? 

Subscribers to the likes of  Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Glamour, AD, Vanity Fair and Wired.  Ordinary backpacker and family holiday folk ... 🙄

11 hours ago, Mandy said:

What a bunch of crock, Thailand shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10, how much did that cost?

It has been consistently in the top 10 in the world for the # of tourists for decades, I don't think you know how math works  5555

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alavan said:

For me number one is France...  but in this list it isn't even in the top ten.
Two would be Italy.

To travel or live?

I think the headlines are screwed up........

It's from a Travel website/magazine so it reads like "The best country" but I think it means best country to visit

I would have no problem living in the South of France, or Brittany, nor in Italy.
Good infrastructure, hospitals, food, wine, historic cities...

On 10/8/2022 at 8:45 AM, Alavan said:

I would have no problem living in the South of France, or Brittany, nor in Italy.

I've only been to Italy out of those and I was rather young, 25 at the time

I found it a bit ass backwards

Broke my tooth in Rome and took days to find a dentist that actually came to work!

Spain intrigues me if I were looking to live in that part of the world 

On 10/8/2022 at 4:45 PM, Alavan said:

... high crime rate, terrorists, homeless people everywhere, drugs everywhere, dirty cities... I left France for good when I was 22... 29 years ago. Indeed France has changed... for the worse. If you were to pay me to live there, I would say go away and leave me alone on my peaceful Thai island.

Here are the 22 most dangerous cities in Europe (the big Europe, not the EU). 7 of them are in France (3 in Italy).

878662767_citieseurope.thumb.jpg.033daa64ec2112f1d9284fdcca5892fc.jpg878662767_citieseurope.thumb.jpg.033daa64ec2112f1d9284fdcca5892fc.jpg