News Forum - Bangkok Secret Nightlife – Bangkok Red Light District Secret Museum

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/n1ATIFidTxQ   Bangkok Red Light District Secret Museum Bangkok Secret Nightlife  From CIA agents to David Bowie, there’s more to Bangkok’s most notorious red-light district than meets the eye. Today we take you on tour showing you Patpong’s 140-year history, from its humble beginnings as a banana plantation,  to a high-powered business district and a hub of CIA activity during the Chinese Civil War and Vietnam War eras. In 2019, the Patpong Museum opened in Patpong Soi 2, Bangkok, Thailand.  Once you step into the museum, the visit starts with a step back to 1882’s China.  We follow the story […]

The story Bangkok Secret Nightlife – Bangkok Red Light District Secret Museum as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

As a Thai person, visiting the Patpong museum is truly an eye-opening experience.

Why would it be different to a Thai person? Ah, Thais don't know what's been going on😂

And sadly this is where Thailand`s nightlife has ended up, in a museum.

It used to be the adult playground of the world, must have brought lots of money into the Thai economy, but those that know better decided to shut most of it down.

The party`s over.

Edited by perceblue

I’ve been to Patong Red Light District a few times. I was exploring the nightlife and checking out the scene. Checking this place out was on my first trip to Bangkok list.  At that time I didn’t know any history other than it was a Red Light District. The atmosphere was crazy and I liked it. There were open bars with pool tables and loud blaring music coming from within them. The people I saw inside were all laughing and having a great time. Walking the back streets I found a street within the Red Light District and it only catered to Japanese. I didn’t know this until I got about half way down the street and smelled the most amazing food. I waited in line at the food cart like everyone else until I got to the vendor. He than told me nicely that he couldn’t serve me - Japanese only. A beautiful Thai woman standing next to the cart took me by the arm and explained where I was 😃. I was like wow, she than took me down the street and gave me a little tour and told me to pay attention to the atmosphere. We stopped and to my amazement she was right. Almost 100 percent Japanese people - tourists, except for all the Thai girls sitting in chairs in front of the go go clubs. It took a good 15 minutes to make it down the street. It was kinda dark with bright neon signs high on the buildings…way cool,  I felt like I was in a movie. The street was packed with people. I was like wow what just happened 😆 I learned something new and what really made this walk amazing was the beautiful Thai woman who gave me the street tour. She than kissed me on the cheek and walked back into the atmosphere. I think she kinda protected me until we made it to the other end of the street 😎. I finally found the main road again. The walk was awesome. I never seen the Red Light District Museum or a ping pong show. The street “people” out there advertising these shows were like grabbing my arm pulling me toward the stairwells 🙄🤣 but I found this to be the norm so it doesn’t bother me. I’m definitely going to check that Museum out this November 🤣!!

I love WTF moments 🤓 those are the experiences in travel that I look back on and just smile 😎👊!! 

Thank You

Marvin

Edited by Marvin