News Forum - Thailand’s strange laws – 10 strange laws in Thailand

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/gy1BViiL7U8   10 strange laws in Thailand you didn’t know were a thing! Thailand’s strange laws   Whacky laws you didn’t even know were a thing; we’re here to show you what  you should keep this in mind when travelling around Thailand. We will warn you; these are a bit ‘out-there’ but don’t mistake these for strange laws for jokes. They’re serious and could land you in jail!   1. Do Not Go Commando 10 strange laws in Thailand!s   One of the strangest laws in the land is that it is illegal to go out in public without wearing […]

The story Thailand’s strange laws – 10 strange laws in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

4 and 8 I knew.

Littering surprised me given how often we see Thais discard rubbish, almost anywhere.

The litter law seems to have the same problem as the helmet law - unknown purpose, to the public as well as RTP

I think another weird law is pertaining to purchase of condo by a foreigner. You must get a letter from the bank that shows the funds for purchasing said condo came from an overseas account.

Even if you have a work permit and have been working here accumulating enough wealth you still cannot buy the condo with that money earned in Thailand. You will need to send that money to an overseas account and then send it back to Thailand in order to satisfy the law requirement.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chaimai said:

4 and 8 I knew.

Littering surprised me given how often we see Thais discard rubbish, almost anywhere.

I can vouch for that. In Isaan I see littering daily. My wife, her daughter, my in laws, and random rural people litter daily. The earth is one giant trash can to most of the rural people in Thailand from what I can see. Maybe the bigger cities enforce littering laws but that certainly doesn't apply to rural people.

I didn't know about the foreign speech microphone thing or the flying of a non-Thai flag in public.

Guess flying my country's flag at my house isn't an issue.  There's a cop who lives on my soi who doesn't seem to care.

Another strange and unique law in Thailand states that you can speak any language

other than Thai using a sound amplifying device such as a microphone.

So are they saying that you can't speak Thai when using a microphone?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Loong said:

So are they saying that you can't speak Thai when using a microphone?

The wording is contradictory. It says any language other than Thai, then quotes English language being an offence.

Clearly the girls on microphones in department stores, DIY etc are not aware of it.

Another strange and unique law in Thailand states that you can speak any language

other than Thai using a sound amplifying device such as a microphone. So if you

hear someone say “Mic test” or “Hello test”, you are witnessing a severe offence

that is punishable by up to a month in jail. Only religious ceremonies, state events and

concerts are exempt from this unique law.

59 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

The wording is contradictory. It says any language other than Thai, then quotes English language being an offence.

Another strange and unique law in Thailand states that you can speak any language other than Thai using a sound amplifying device such as a microphone. So

It is a typo. Should be “you CANNOT speak any language other than Thai….”’

7 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Guess flying my country's flag at my house isn't an issue.

advertising that your house is farang is asking for trouble. 

• Haha 1