News Forum - No coup is being plotted in Thailand, insists Ministry of Defence

Thaiger

A spokesperson for Thailand’s Ministry of Defence wants to put an end to rumours that the Thai army is plotting another coup d’état. Yesterday at 3.30pm, the spokesperson for the Ministry of Defence Gen Kongcheep Tantravanich publicly insisted that no coup d’état is in the works in Thailand… “I assure you that there is no coup at all. Please feel relieved and at ease. What mission is next for Gen Prayut, I can’t answer.” It is not clear where the rumours arose from or who is accusing the military of plotting a coup. However, the future of Thailand’s premiership remains […]

The story No coup is being plotted in Thailand, insists Ministry of Defence as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

Someone mentioned on another (unnamed) forum that this is exactly what was said by Prayut himself two days before the previous coup. I’m really not to sure this will affect the common expat, but it surely would affect all of the Thai people

• Like 1