Vietjet urges testing after Phuket passenger gets Covid-19

Thaiger

Budget airline operator Vietjet Air put out a statement dressing incident involving one of their passengers being diagnosed with Covid-19. The passenger travelled last week, and two days ago the airline put out a call for those seated near the infected passenger to come forward and seek testing and treatment. The flight in question was Vietjet Air flight VZ314 from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Phuket. The flight left Bangkok at 7:20 am and arrived in Phuket at 8:40 am on June 25. The memo was marked urgent and released to the public to attempt to reach other passengers that were […]

The post Vietjet urges testing after Phuket passenger gets Covid-19 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And so it starts!

Unvaccinated tourists arriving on Etihad mixing with vaccinated.

Thai viejet stating a passenger on a domestic flight from Bangkok had a Covid19  passenger on board.

Unless airlines  are required to only fly fully vaccinated passengers,  who prove negative 72 hours  before departure,  then  its a doomed proposition.

Even kids should be required to be vaccinated before they are allowed to fly. I'd they cannot  be vaccinated,  then go somewhere else. The same for those who would argue they have medical reasons for not because vaccinated.  Tough I know. 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, BIGGLES said:

And so it starts!

Unvaccinated tourists arriving on Etihad mixing with vaccinated.

Thai viejet stating a passenger on a domestic flight from Bangkok had a Covid19  passenger on board.

Unless airlines  are required to only fly fully vaccinated passengers,  who prove negative 72 hours  before departure,  then  its a doomed proposition.

Even kids should be required to be vaccinated before they are allowed to fly. I'd they cannot  be vaccinated,  then go somewhere else. The same for those who would argue they have medical reasons for not because vaccinated.  Tough I know. 

I agree. It is harsh, but this is about doing the right thing for the majority. There could be options to insist on a PCR test for kids and people who for whatever reason are unable to be vaccinated. However, if this idea of a sandbox is to work, then it must be 100% rigorously enforced. No exceptions. I wonder if Mr Prayut and his entourage were tested prior to entering? It was an opportunity for him to show leadership by example. 

I sincerely hope Phuket Sandbox is a success. It will never achieve anything more than a few percent of normal tourists numbers. But it will at least be a more palatable option for returning ex-pats or long term visitors like myself. That said, if and when I take up this option, I will be looking to isolate myself as much as possible while in Phuket. 

• Angry 1