News Forum - English teacher’s body found in South Thailand

Thaiger

An English teacher’s body has been found last night in South Thailand’s Nakhon Si Thammarat province. The Danish man, 66 year old Devyd Haier, was found lying on his bed wearing only a pair of yellow shorts. He was found at his residence in a commercial building in the main city district.  Devyd’s close friend said that when the two of them had met two days earlier, Devyd said he wasn’t feeling well. Devyd told him he was going to rest, and he did not hear from Devyd again. The friend was worried about Devyd, and last night, he went […]

The story English teacher’s body found in South Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

had obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.

Thailand is not the greatest places to be with the combination above, one tend to move less in the heat and its hard to find healthy food to a decent price. The Healthcare here is great though , if you can afford it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Thailand is not the greatest places to be with the combination above, one tend to move less in the heat and its hard to find healthy food to a decent price. The Healthcare here is great though , if you can afford it.

Health is the new wealth.

• Like 2

What to do all these combinations are overcame and overruled by the simple body instinct of few minutes of entertainment and enjoyment which drags all these people to Thailand, like the blue electric light which attracts insects to kill them. 

Edited by Ramanathan.P
  • Haha 1

RIP sir.  Strange that the headline is "English Teacher's body", yet the man is Danish?   Did he teach English in Thailand or where or for how long ?  66 years is a bit old to be teaching English in schools I believe.   Makes me wonder what my headline would be..... 

Unknown retired farang's body found?  Retired monger's body found? 

Of course I did have a profession up until a few years ago.  Maybe I should tell someone so I can be labeled correctly in the future.  Am thinking Navy Seal, Apple co-founder, CSI,  something cool

Know your body, take your medicine, see a doctor every year, lose some weight

• Like 1

"had obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure"

Seems like it was only a matter of when not if this would happen. RIP Devyd hope your last few years were good ones.

2 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

The healthcare is well worth the price though considering all the pretty, slim, and young nurses that takes care of us

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Makes me wonder what my headline would be..... 

A retired monger wouldn't be in Thailand anymore don't you think?

3 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

RIP sir.  Strange that the headline is "English Teacher's body", yet the man is Danish?   Did he teach English in Thailand or where or for how long ?  66 years is a bit old to be teaching English in schools I believe.   Makes me wonder what my headline would be..... 

Of course I did have a profession up until a few years ago.  Maybe I should tell someone so I can be labeled correctly in the future.  Am thinking Navy Seal, Apple co-founder, CSI,  something cool

Know your body, take your medicine, see a doctor every year, lose some weight

Why is 66yrs old too old to be teaching?

I will likely retire around 58-60 and if an opportunity came up to help in teaching in Thailand I would do it

66 is young these days

Millions of foreigners arrived in Thailand this year and tens of thousands of foreigners live here with long stay visas.

Should be no surprise that some are going to die of natural causes. 

This Danish foreigner apparently had long stay visa and living here because he was teaching English. 

It is reported that he had several serious health issues such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure. 

It is literally impossible for a foreigner ex pat to get health insurance in Thailand for PRE-EXISTING health conditions unless possibly you marry a Thai national with group health plan. And if a non-insured person with these conditions suffers a something even more serious like a heart attack, stroke, cancer, hospital surgeries are too expensive for most low income ex pats...

And for the ex pats or foreigner travelers in Thailand who think "I am covered, I bought the recommended health insurance plan for foreign arrivals in Thailand" ... you need to read the micro print under "EXCLUSIONS"... these policies will not properly take care of you in Thailand if something happens.

And if an ex pat is seriously ill, and not safe to fly on commercial airline to go back to own country for treatment, the foreigner is likely to die here in Thailand. 

It is nothing short of lunacy for any ex pat with serious pre-existing health issues to come to Thailand unless you are prepared to pay for medical care in case of emergencies. 

Unfortunately too many older foreigners with serious health issues want to come to Thailand and live out their erotic fantasies before they die. They leave easy slow lives in their home countries and arrive in Thailand where they can enter into a fast paced sexual lifestyle geared towards much more healthy individuals.