News Forum - Venomous snake emerges from parcel at sorting office in Thailand

Thaiger

An extremely venomous snake escaped from a parcel at a sorting office in Kanchanaburi province, western Thailand, yesterday. One has to ask themselves, what did the intended receiver do to deserve such a life-threatening package? Post office staff said the one-metre long stripy snake slithered out from a pile of parcels at the sorting office in Tha Muang district. When staff checked over the packages, they noticed that one of them was unsealed. Staff called a snake rescue team from the Khun Rattanawut Foundation who swiftly came to capture the venomous Malayan krait (Bungaras candidus), which they put in a […]

The story Venomous snake emerges from parcel at sorting office in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The postal company contacted the sender to ask if wanted to take back the snake" What a funny process. Did the sender declare that he is sending live poisonous reptile via parcel? He should be charged for putting other people's life in danger. 

• Like 2

I saw a snake under the front of our car and tried using a stick to get it away but it crawled up, opened the bonnet but I couldn't find it anywhere, It was gone when we went out in the car that afternoon, (i hope)🙂

8 hours ago, Thaidup said:

I saw a snake under the front of our car and tried using a stick to get it away but it crawled up, opened the bonnet but I couldn't find it anywhere, It was gone when we went out in the car that afternoon, (i hope)🙂

During rainy season snakes tend to look for warm spots to rest. Car engine compartment is one of their favorite spots especially pythons. Other snakes normally enter high up in between the body and the heat insulations. Some were also found to rest in side the dash board

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thaidup said:

They can get into the car from underneath, crafty little buggers, I was told that if you run over one at speed and it's not visible when you look back, start reversing as it's probably wound itself up in the car!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaidup said:

saw a snake under the front of our car and tried using a stick to get it away but it crawled up, opened the bonnet

Clever snake to open the bonnet!   555

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 9:38 AM, Ramanathan.P said:

Some were also found to rest in side the dash board

Our old water pump motor stopped working, pulled it apart and had to remove the stinky remains of a small snake wound up inside the motor.👍

On 9/28/2022 at 9:38 AM, Ramanathan.P said:

During rainy season snakes tend to look for warm spots to rest. Car engine compartment is one of their favorite spots especially pythons. Other snakes normally enter high up in between the body and the heat insulations. Some were also found to rest in side the dash board

Not a snake story but I reckon it was a mouse, Something got into the vents and into the fan housing inside the car.

Edited by Faz
Image in breach of FG's removed.