News Forum - No word from China on Xi military coup whispers

Thaiger

Media reports from India last night claimed China President Xi Jinping is under house arrest after a military coup. TFI Global and the Times of India both speculated that the Chinese premier is under house arrest after Beijing Airport cancelled more than 6,000 domestic and international flights, and suspended the nation’s high-speed rail. The Indian media outlets also went as far as to say Xi never met his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi or Vladimir Putin at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), in Samarkand, Uzbekistan on September 14. It was the first time Xi had left mainland China since the outbreak […]

The story No word from China on Xi military coup whispers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Flight cancellations are not unusual, The government does this when they put a region into a Covid related  lockdown. If you look at where the flights are suspended, those are the regions where there is a new lockdown.  As for a coup, not likely. The big guy isn't going anywhere unless he is physically ill.

• Like 1

Xin is in quarantine. TFI Global who spread this story seems to be very anti Xi and anti China. Times of India largely deflate the rumor. 
More telling is the newly created Wikipedia page China Coup 2022 has since been deleted - reason: Blatant Hoax

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?page=2022_China_Coup&title=Special:Log/delete

• Like 2

We can only hope but the whole CCP would need to go with him because his replacement may be worse. Perhaps some truth in it but I doubt Xi will be deposed because he’s got too much control over China. 

11 hours ago, Cabra said:

This is huge news. If it's true I don't see how anything good will come of it in terms of world order. Taiwan must be nervous AF right now. 

The world should be a nervous AF if there is any truth to it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fanta said:

Xin is in quarantine. TFI Global who spread this story seems to be very anti Xi and anti China. Times of India largely deflate the rumor. 
More telling is the newly created Wikipedia page China Coup 2022 has since been deleted - reason: Blatant Hoax

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?page=2022_China_Coup&title=Special:Log/delete

That was my impression too. I didn't see any reputable news outlets mentioning this neither did any of the critical of China bloggers i follow.