News Forum - Ask the Thais | Stereotypes, Racial Profiling, and Discrimination

Thaiger

Click the link to watch a video: https://youtu.be/MEBGOF9Ht4c In this episode of Ask The Thais, Natty Warisa asks about topics on discrimination, stereotyping, and racial profiling in Thailand and abroad 3 guests – Parin, Arina, and Ab. Is it true that foreigners are the only people who get ripped off by taxis? Do Thai people get discriminated against in foreign lands? and how judgmental do our guests think they are? Find out in this episode!

The story Ask the Thais | Stereotypes, Racial Profiling, and Discrimination as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can assure that young lad, that dual pricing is very much a Thai thing. Literally nowhere in the world I was charged double as a tourist, or triple. I like how he said it, and instead of calling at least one another country. he is like “ it is everywhere”

This is solely a thai thing…and it goes along with the fact that the government wants to milk tourists beyond what is moral.

The most sad thing is that Thailand is not the poorest country, and many tourists are actually poorer than average Thai…and yet, they are charged more based on a color of their skin.

This is outrageous to me, and I am avoiding the experience as much as I can.

In many years, I never went to any place where they like to 2-3x prices for foreigners. 

Fortunately, this double pricing is mostly entrances into shows, historical buildings etc. Something I can live without very easily.