News Forum - Thailand’s ‘state of emergency’ finally draws to a close

Thaiger

Thailand’s Emergency Decree will finally come to an end on October 1 after being extended 19 times since the beginning of the pandemic. As a result, Thailand’s Covid-19 task force – the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) – will be dissolved. The decision to end the state of emergency has been in the pipeline for some time and was finally confirmed today by the CCSA at a meeting hosted by acting Prime Minister of Thailand Prawit Wongsuwan. Today, the Covid task force unanimously agreed to end Thailand’s state of emergency due to a steady improvement in Covid cases. Therefore, […]

The story Thailand’s ‘state of emergency’ finally draws to a close as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't doubt they have reluctantly finally brought the curtain down on this nonsense seeing as Thailand must be the last country on earth to finally move on from Covid, they were close to being a total pariah. let's just hope this nonsensical mask wearing soon stops, but I won't be holding my breath, what an embarrassment and STILL got the poor school kids wearing them, which is bordering on simple cruelty, no more no less. Absolute dinosaurs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scarface said:

I don't doubt they have reluctantly finally brought the curtain down on this nonsense seeing as Thailand must be the last country on earth to finally move on from Covid, they were close to being a total pariah. let's just hope this nonsensical mask wearing soon stops, but I won't be holding my breath, what an embarrassment and STILL got the poor school kids wearing them, which is bordering on simple cruelty, no more no less. Absolute dinosaurs.

My daughter is so conditioned to face diapers that she forgets she’s got it on. I have to say it’s ok, no covid here. Thais will still wear them because it offers some form of security. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scarface said:

Definitely not the last country as this map clearly shows.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-face-coverings

Perhaps your indifference to the rights of individual countries to make their own determinations may be better targeted at other countries.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Giltee said:

My daughter is so conditioned to face diapers that she forgets she’s got it on. I have to say it’s ok, no covid here. Thais will still wear them because it offers some form of security. 

This is not a good thing at all. Masks on adults, OK their choice, but children no- hampers communication and development,  is just plain wrong

I bet she eats with all the other kids in close proximity without a mask, it does nothing to prevent transmission. Regardless of that, Covid is not a dangerous illness to children that's an established fact 

Thai education department needs to come out and remove any masking for children. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rc1 said:

This is not a good thing at all. Masks on adults, OK their choice, but children no- hampers communication and development,  is just plain wrong

I bet she eats with all the other kids in close proximity without a mask, it does nothing to prevent transmission. Regardless of that, Covid is not a dangerous illness to children that's an established fact 

Thai education department needs to come out and remove any masking for children. 

They seriously need to stop this nonsense right now. F'ing dinosaurs!

• Like 1