News Forum - Paragliding accident in Rawai puts 78 year old man in hospital

Thaiger

At the Khao Dang View Point in the Phuket district of Rawai, a paragliding accident left a 78 year old man seriously injured. The incident took place near Naiharn Beach at a spot also called Windmill Viewpoint late in the afternoon on Monday. Officials have not released many details about the victim, only saying it was a 78 year old man, but not saying if he was a tourist or expat, nor what country he is from. Emergency responders from the Rawai Municipality rescue team also did not disclose if he was paragliding with a professional company or with friends […]

The story Paragliding accident in Rawai puts 78 year old man in hospital as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There are frequent strong wind gusts that blow down and across Nai Harn bay, which are known locally as the ‘Nai Harn Doctor’. Maybe it was one of those gusts. I hope the injured person makes a full recovery.

@palooka, instead of scolding the unfortunate man and calling him an idiot, say a prayer for him. Say this one perhaps with him in mind:
OGod, my God! I beg of Thee by the ocean of Thy healing, and by the splendors of the Daystar of Thy grace, and by Thy Name through which Thou didst subdue Thy servants, and by the pervasive power of Thy most exalted Word and the potency of Thy most august Pen, and by Thy mercy that hath preceded the creation of all who are in heaven and on earth, to purge me with the waters of Thy bounty from every affliction and disorder, and from all weakness and feebleness.

Thou seest, O my Lord, Thy suppliant waiting at the door of Thy bounty, and him who hath set his hopes on Thee clinging to the cord of Thy generosity. Deny him not, I beseech Thee, the things he seeketh from the ocean of Thy grace and the Daystar of Thy loving-kindness.

Powerful art Thou to do what pleaseth Thee. There is none other God save Thee, the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Generous.

Bahá’u’lláh