News Forum - Putin & Xi strengthen ties amid Western antagonism

Thaiger

China President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin met at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Uzbekistan yesterday where both parties agreed to support and promote their own interests and maintain social, political, and economic stability amid Western antagonism. It was the first time Xi and Putin had seen each other since the Russian leader attended the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Winter Games in the mainland’s capital in February, a couple of weeks before the Russia-Ukraine conflict. It was also the first time Xi had been outside of China since the COVID-19 pandemic. Then he visited Myanmar […]

The story Putin & Xi strengthen ties amid Western antagonism as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That's it.

I'm out of here.

Beijing Bobby here can preach the gospel of Xi to someone else. 

I'll get my news elsewhere. 

This Presstitute is a wumao CCP Tencent army, and that other clown, the Thai Miranda Devine, can take a running jump too. Progressives will prevail over senseless Prohibition and Fascism in the end. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

That's it.

I'm out of here.

Beijing Bobby here can preach the gospel of Xi to someone else. 

I'll get my news elsewhere. 

This Presstitute is a wumao CCP Tencent army, and that other clown, the Thai Miranda Devine, can take a running jump too. Progressives will prevail over senseless Prohibition and Fascism in the end. 

Yes I’m inclined to agree. Twice I’ve voiced my disapproval over articles to the editor and both times ignored. 

these 2 authoritarian dictators won’t be happy until they’ve dominated all and raked away freedom of speech treasured by the west. They persecute their own and don’t stop at their own borders. Shame on you for publishing this kid of rubbish. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Giltee said:

Yes I’m inclined to agree. Twice I’ve voiced my disapproval over articles to the editor and both times ignored. 

Did you contact The Thaiger via their contact us on the News site or contact their office in Bangkok perhaps.  I doubt any of the editorial staff look at forum comments. 

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

China President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin met at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Uzbekistan

A strategic drone strike could have saved 1,000s of lives and certainly changed the course of history.

In reality, this show of solidarity is just that IMO, and neither side will engage in the others wars.  Commerce yes, because they need each other more than ever now and in the future. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Seems to be fake newsas only reported on that site, somewhat similar wishful thinking as widespread speculation  of Putin’s Parkinson and cancer surgery. In other news, Zelenskyy had a motor vehicle accident yesterday which was reported as a motor vehicle accident but how anything gets past his guards and convoy is a mystery.  Or an accident. 
https://www.politico.eu/article/zelenskyy-no-serious-injuries-after-car-crash-kyiv/amp/

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Seems to be fake newsas only reported on that site, somewhat similar wishful thinking as widespread speculation  of Putin’s Parkinson and cancer surgery. In other news, Zelenskyy had a motor vehicle accident yesterday which was reported as a motor vehicle accident but how anything gets past his guards and convoy is a mystery.  Or an accident. 
https://www.politico.eu/article/zelenskyy-no-serious-injuries-after-car-crash-kyiv/amp/

No wonder no major news source picked that story up

China expressed "concerns" at the situation in Ukraine, and Russia had to reiterate, privately, their position. That's code for [1] They are not equal partners. Russia is subserviant to China, and has to justify itself [2] China is not happy about the war, they want it over ASAP, to get the global economy back on track. China needs 8% growth just to tread water, and its not getting that.

Note, before the Russian aggression, China was Ukraine's top trading partner, and a crucial part of China's belt and Road Initiative. Xinjiang Construction and Production Corps had just inked an agreement with KSG Agro to lease 100,000 hectares for pig farming, for the next 50 years. Presumably some of this land is now scattered with Russian munitions. COFCO sunk $50m into Marioupol, which is now all but leveled. And the Chinese have been dredging the Ukrainian ports of Yuzhny and Chernomorsk, no doubt to facilitate Ukrainian exports, but also as a possible way of increasing the supply of goods to Europe.

Ukraine also owes China £1Bn, for road construction, and is a key supplier to the Chinese military of aircraft turbofans,  air to air missile parts and tank diesel engines. Interestingly, since the illegal occupation of Crimea, China has been helping Ukraine convert powerplants to use Ukrainian coal rather than Russian gas. Not a word from Putin about this.

• Like 1