News Forum - Standard taxi fee of 45-50 baht agreed but more at Thai airports

Thaiger

A taxi fare increase of about 45 to 50 baht was proposed by drivers in Thailand yesterday while standing or idling in traffic is expected to be fixed at about five baht per minute. The President of the Thai Public Taxi Association, Sadit Jaitiang, reported yesterday that the association met with the Deputy Director of the Land Transport Department, Sirirat Weerasarn, to discuss the new Thai taxi fares. Sadit said there were four relevant departments at the meeting, including Suvarnabhumi Taxi Coordination Association, and Electric Taxi Association, and every association debated the fare increase. Sadit revealed they proposed the new […]

The story Standard taxi fee of 45-50 baht agreed but more at Thai airports as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

44 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

urged the Thai taxi drivers to improve their service

I believe the majority of passengers are not interested in a roller-coaster racing thrill, they just wanna get to the destination alive, but I suppose that's much of a challenge for most cab drivers to understand though. I always tell the driver that I'm not in rush, so they won't feel offended 🙄

I believe this is long overdue and although for sure it will not do away with the usual suspects of 'meter broken' or fixed fare only scammers hopefully it might reduce it a bit.

52 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

'meter broken'

If this happens you should just get out of the taxi, surprising how many meters can repair themselves instantanously. ( and they talk about AI -- got nothing on thai taxi meters.)🤣

• Like 1

They should set up an app and give every driver a qr code on the passenger window for passengers to scan.. questions could be anything from did the driver use the meter to how did he drive or rate your experience.. if they get bad reports then suspend their licence.. this way will allow the decent drivers to maybe earn more from less taxis . remember these guys signed up to rules and regulations and its not up to them to decide if the meter is used or what price they want to charge or even I don't want to go that way!