News Forum - Bangkok taxi drivers protest fuel increases outside the Ministry of Energy

Thaiger

Furious Bangkok taxi drivers today protested against the price hike of autogas, LPG and NGV, in front of the Ministry of Energy. The President of the Thai Taxi Association, Witune Naewpanich, urged the government to support them after the recent price increases. Witune announced taxi drivers’ income decreased because of the pandemic because no one used them during Covid-19. He also added that they weren’t allowed to increase fares yet the price of fuel increased time after time. Witune stated that the association would request the Energy Minister, Suphapong Panmechao, to launch four supporting measures, including Decrease the cost of […]

The story Bangkok taxi drivers protest fuel increases outside the Ministry of Energy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Perhaps it is time to reduce the amount of taxi drivers? If there are less, they don't have to sit and wait all day for customers. Also taking EVERY passenger could help, instead of waiting for "the one fare, that pays the day"! Working more makes more money. Oh, wait, I think I just see my mistake here.

• Like 2