News Forum - Old man held hostage & duped out of 100 million baht by fake doctors

Thaiger

An 81 year old man was held hostage in a Bangkok hotel by two fake doctors and then duped him into giving away over 100 million baht in assets and priceless amulets so they could treat his Parkinson’s disease. Police eventually rescued Chawarit Chankana after his family filed a complaint saying the old man handed over a luxury car and valuable amulets worth 100 million baht to the two fake doctors. The family informed the police that two fake doctors took Chawarit to a hotel in Bangkok and gave him an injection of an unknown medicine, claiming that it would […]

The story Old man held hostage & duped out of 100 million baht by fake doctors as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

One of the suspects is already known to police and had been previously charged with fraud and embezzlement

Better lock him up asap.

Amulets do work. Years ago when frost threatened the forest in Chang Rai, monks enlisted amulets, prayer and incense to ward off the evil...By 9 AM the evil retreated and all was well.      

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, joseph said:

Amulets do work. Years ago when frost threatened the forest in Chang Rai, monks enlisted amulets, prayer and incense to ward off the evil...By 9 AM the evil retreated and all was well.      

Usually if gets cold enough for frost the skies are clear, Old Sol didn't lend a helping then? 😆

I used to trust doctors a lot when I was younger and believe they have the integrity and ethics of the highest profession. Nowadays with too many false diagnosis and unnecessary referral and treatment or surgery recommended by the doctors, I don't have that high respect for this profession any longer. These 2 fake doctors are of a higher level of scam. I place them in the same as fake Monks.😀