News Forum - Are face masks still required on domestic flights in Thailand?

Thaiger

The world is moving on from the Covid-19 pandemic, but face masks are still popular in Thailand. You might see people on domestic flights in Thailand wearing masks, but are they mandatory? The Thai government made face masks “voluntary” back in June, but still recommends wearing them in crowded spaces. The news was published in the Royal Gazette… “The wearing of a mask is a voluntary practice from now onwards so that people can now live closer to normal conditions. The Ministry of Public Health only recommends that the general public wear a mask when living with other people in […]

The story Are face masks still required on domestic flights in Thailand? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Life has to move on. A temperature check is more than enough. Again it also depends on personal responsibility to protect from infections if one is infected buy wearing the mask

• Like 2

Until someone from the Government makes it very clear , not dubious, that masks are no longer required, its only then we can go back in time and really see to the land of smiles

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Life has to move on. A temperature check is more than enough. Again it also depends on personal responsibility to protect from infections if one is infected buy wearing the mask

A temperature check is absolutely freaking useless. But airports love their health and security theatre, that WE pay for in ever rising ticket prices.  Why isn't my bag searched and my tweezers and drinks seized when I catch a crowded train?

Thais wear masks and don't wear helmets for the same reasons we wear helmets and don't wear masks. The risks in both cases are still real. But most of us survive anyway. 

Do what you want within the law, the evil eye on the BTS won't kill you!

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Richard1944 said:

Until someone from the Government makes it very clear , not dubious, that masks are no longer required, its only then we can go back in time and really see to the land of smiles

Yep, that is what needs to happen. Will it happen? Nope.

• Like 1

Do whatever you want and don't worry what the next person is doing, it's that simple

I flew yesterday and it was the 1st time I was on a flight that makes weren't required 

(I usually fly Air Canada which masks are still required)

Some of us still wore masks, most didn't and no one seemed to care either way what others were doing 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Yep, that is what needs to happen. Will it happen? Nope.

Yes,it will happen because it has to happen.

I know "this is Thailand," but the nonsensical mass mask wearing will not last too much longer. 

3 hours ago, Richard1944 said:

October should mark the month where the government messaging catches up with the reality, and the land of smiles is back. 

Thai still wear masks not for fear of any virus, but because they are scared that others will "think bad" if they don't. In fact a Thai minister, after having to accept the end of the maskerade obligation, pubblicly said that " ... it is not compulsory but we will see who are the 'bullies' who will dare go around with bare face". Thus majority is worried that not having a mask is sympton of rudness. And this is one more reason for NOT WEARING it at all, at all times: will they be breathing their own CO2 (especially damaging for children)  for the rest of their life, or gradually take the mask off if they see that 'others' do not wear it, and it is actually not a problem? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ArthurCel said:

Thai still wear masks not for fear of any virus, but because they are scared that others will "think bad" if they don't. In fact a Thai minister, after having to accept the end of the maskerade obligation, pubblicly said that " ... it is not compulsory but we will see who are the 'bullies' who will dare go around with bare face". Thus majority is worried that not having a mask is sympton of rudness. And this is one more reason for NOT WEARING it at all, at all times: will they be breathing their own CO2 (especially damaging for children)  for the rest of their life, or gradually take the mask off if they see that 'others' do not wear it, and it is actually not a problem? 

Well said.

People who know this but continue to wear them, are just contributing to prolonging this ridiculous behavior. 

People can also tell their Thai friends / family that it is safe, and not rude, to uncover faces again.  

Very rare to see someone not wearing one in Bangkok.  Occasional twat who isn't familiar with local customs, but for the most part everyone still wears them.  Probably good idea to wear one on flights too..  Not for any scientific reason...just to blend in...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bushav8r said:

Very rare to see someone not wearing one in Bangkok.  Occasional twat who isn't familiar with local customs, but for the most part everyone still wears them.  Probably good idea to wear one on flights too..  Not for any scientific reason...just to blend in...

For me "blending in" is not a good reason to indefinitely wear a face covering. 

• Like 1

I have recently flown Thai Smile and Thai international, flying out from Chiang Mai then Bangkok I was not asked for evidence of vaccinations for my journey to the UK, however on the return I was asked when I checked in at the desk, as for mask wearing masks it was by far the Thais that complied and those married to Thais, many young farangs did not, along with some older ones, I think considering we are at the tail end of this problem maybe people should still wear for a little longer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rc1 said:

You don't need to cover your mouth and nose to blend in, mask on your chin is enough.

22 hours ago, rc1 said:

Well said.

People who know this but continue to wear them, are just contributing to prolonging this ridiculous behavior. 

People can also tell their Thai friends / family that it is safe, and not rude, to uncover faces again.  

People are disgusting, most of them 

So I will likely wear a mask on planes going forward 

I don't mind the mask and I fly quite a bit. 

But don't care if the person next to me does or does not

With facial recognition technology being considered in THA by the powers that be, a mask, sunglasses and hat doesn't sound so bad after all. 

On 9/11/2022 at 3:54 AM, rc1 said:

You can stick out like a sore thumb then.  Up to you.  I like to show a little more respect.

9 hours ago, bushav8r said:

You can stick out like a sore thumb then.  Up to you.  I like to show a little more respect.

I think it's equally/more respectful to model sensible behavior rather than just conforming to irrational herd mentality.

Happy to stick out in the name of common sense and I see more and more people joining me each day.  

Won't be too long until masked people are in the minority again. 

• Like 1