News Forum - Teenager stabs school bully after he made fun of his poverty

Thaiger

A 15 year old schoolboy in the northeastern province of Buriram stabbed one of his friends in the neck after he bullied him and made fun of his poor family. The teenager, named A, attacked his friend in the classroom of a school in the Pakam district of Buriram province last Friday, September 2. He launched at him stabbing him in the neck and back before another friend intervened. Another classmate was hit by a chair in the melee. The knife victim lay in a pool of blood on the classroom floor. The victim, who is recovering in hospital, said […]

The story Teenager stabs school bully after he made fun of his poverty as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Demanding compensation  from a family with almost nothing , pointless.  

Probably the only chance for the attacker, not to get a real criminal record. Since this kind of compensation makes often charges go away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Probably the only chance for the attacker, not to get a real criminal record. Since this kind of compensation makes often charges go away.

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior is merely another way of the richer to get away with their misdeeds. Legal intimidation and lawsuits is very often a pure sham mechanism, IMHO. You bully or harass soemone until they snap and then use your superior situation to exploit the situation. Hopefully the legal system will see through this and realize that going after someone for their poor background is some of the lowest acts you can can committ, even if it is "legal". 

15 year old boys have more pride than wisdom. When someone else exploits this difference, that should be understood as provocation. Be nice, polite and respectful. Has never failed me neither in Thailand, Norway, India, Russia, Cuba, Amsterdam or all the other places I have frequented and been in distressing situations. 

Edited by NorskTiger
  • Like 1

It is never very pleasant being poor and obviously the victim has never endured that problem.

Do notice here in Thailand that children are not taught to share with others.  Often see a child in a group  scoffing down whatever when "their friends" have nothing even to the stage of taking a bite and giving the rest to a soi dog. 

Would have had my rear tanned good and proper if my mother had ever seen me do that.

• Like 4

Thailand has a pervasive caste system that really effects their people 

I grew up dirt poor but never felt I didn't belong anywhere

If my Mom saved, then we deserved to be anywhere she wanted to take us

And unfortunately that is very much not the case in Thailand 

So many people are made to feel they don't belong in certain schools, restaurants, hotels, etc

And it is in every aspect of the culture 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Demanding compensation  from a family with almost nothing , pointless.  

Yeah totally sinking the family inot the abyss. Better they ride their high horse and order the kid work it off as becoming their personal indentured servant with the stipulation he has to wai their feet everytime he goes and leaves the house. I think they should counter sue under the grounds of bullying causing him to lose face under defamation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:

It is never very pleasant being poor and obviously the victim has never endured that problem.

Do notice here in Thailand that children are not taught to share with others.  Often see a child in a group  scoffing down whatever when "their friends" have nothing even to the stage of taking a bite and giving the rest to a soi dog. 

Would have had my rear tanned good and proper if my mother had ever seen me do that.

There are 2 victims here. But the one who was bullied also lost face. The one who was stabbed should have seen his mouthy BS building up to an oh oh. Friend my arse.

• Like 1