News Forum - Locals pray to blue snake in northeast Thailand

Thaiger

On Sunday, villagers in Nakhon Ratchasima in northeast Thailand spotted a blue snake in a tree that has never been seen before in Thailand. Villagers lit incense and prayed to the snake, believing it is sure to bring them good luck. Isaan is brimming with snakes, but no one has ever reported seeing this kind of snake before. The bright blue, one metre long serpent soon attracted a crowd of locals at Ban Song Khon village in Sung Noen district. Villagers said the snake was moving slowly and did not appear to be frightened. A 45 year old local man, […]

The story Locals pray to blue snake in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Slightly off subject but I seen a squirrel today that was definitely unusal in our area.  Body normal grey colour but the tail was the bushiest tail I've ever seen on squirrel and bright white.

Weird world getting weirder.

Blue snake,  well maybe a green snake that went up the drain of the local hairdresser.

16 hours ago, palooka said:

Slightly off subject but I seen a squirrel today that was definitely unusal in our area.  Body normal grey colour but the tail was the bushiest tail I've ever seen on squirrel and bright white.

Weird world getting weirder.

Blue snake,  well maybe a green snake that went up the drain of the local hairdresser.

Maybe you should’ve prayed to the squirrel for good luck and taken symbolic lottery numbers for luck. 😉😂

Edited by Giltee
Spelling mistakes
  • Haha 1

Get tagged by that one, you'll win more than the lottery.

Re: Thai up-country superstitious practices, Netflix is on a roll lately putting up old(er) and off-beat films.  Saw one yesterday called Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010).   A Thai/French/UK indy type production that rolls along slowly, but have to admit, I made it to the end and rather enjoyed it.  If you like Thai life and death superstitions, praying to snakes for the Lotto, red-eyed monkey man forest ghosts and the old girl's character getting (tastefully) shagged in a beautiful mountain pond by a reincarnated Pla-Duc (catfish), then you'll enjoy this one.  ✌️

image.png.45f10247a2aaf5dad2326d1e17b4e06e.png

6 hours ago, Giltee said:

Maybe you should’ve prayed to the squirrel for good luck and taken symbolic lottery numbers for luck. 😉😂

Wife does all that for me, white tail is a 1 apparently the rest I tuned out.😂