News Forum - Luxury Koh Samui hotel robbed of 70 million baht worth of assets

Thaiger

Six thieves were arrested today in connection with a 70 million baht robbery of a luxury Koh Samui hotel. Police believe more suspects are involved and made it known they are searching for them. The Chaweng Blue Lagoon Hotel is reported to be worth 400 million baht but it will be worth considerably less now after 348 rooms were stripped of assets worth up to 70 million baht by thieves. Thieves stripped rooms of you name it: electrical wires, light bulbs, plug sockets, tables, chairs, beds, flush toilets, water heaters, showers, curtains, bedding, glass windows, wooden doors, air conditioners, water […]

The story Luxury Koh Samui hotel robbed of 70 million baht worth of assets as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the thieves spent about three months stripping the hotel

So the owner left her "luxury" hotel for 3 months without any securety staff or anyone regularly checking the premises? I'd say she must be pretty dumb.

• Like 3

"They could face, at least, a penalty of up to three years in jail and a fine of up to 6,000 baht according to Section 334 of the Criminal Law related to offences against property."

Small price to pay compare to 400 million bahts !!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

So the owner left her "luxury" hotel for 3 months without any securety staff or anyone regularly checking the premises? I'd say she must be pretty dumb.

agreed, she should have employed Guards to, er, guard the place ? 

• Like 1

There's something not quite right with the whole story.  That property appears huge according to Googles 2019 imagery and the vandalised section doesn't appear, possibly built around 2019/20?

Were the contractors paid in full?  If not, then I could imagine no security or maintenance staff were hired to safeguard the property allowing unpaid workers the freedom to remove fixtures and fittings.

Of course I could be wrong, but I've seen similar happen here in Chiang Mai during covid.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Your post has my vote!

• Like 1

my wife reads in Thai that actually she ripped off the former owner of the resort somehow and  they then took there belongings of fixtures and fittings that they had paid for, she put no money in and got a free building then complain to the police that they took all the stuff they paid for out….this makes more sense than her story and no security etc to stop the so called thieves that must have taken weeks and weeks to remove there own stuff.

• Thanks 1