Thai Visa longer term

Reessmi

For the last 3 years I have lived in Thailand with Non-Imm Retirement visa, that I have now renewed twice, in Phuket.

Earlier this year I returned to UK, planning to return to Phuket prior to the expiry of my last one year Retirement Visa in July '22.  I was not able to return to Phuket owing to family events, and am now planning to return mid October.

My Visa is now expired, and I am planning to return to Phuket for a min 6 months.  Can anyone advise my best options relating to Visa for my return.  Options are:

1. Simply return on a 30 day Tourist Visa and renew my Non-IMM/Retirement Visa with Phuket Immigration?  I understand there may be challenges getting Non-IMM approved directly from a Tourist Visa?

2. Apply in London on-line for Non-O Visa and renew my Retirement Visa as soon I return?

3. Apply for a new Non-IMM Visa on-line from UK?  Having looking into this, the process is complex and requires a considerable amount of support documentation that I have never had in the past to present.  The process appears to invite may points for potential failure.

Any recommendations welcome!

You previously remained in Thailand on an 'extension' of your permission of stay, a permit, not a Visa.

To obtain a further 1 year extension of stay based on retirement, you must have Non Immigrant status, meaning you must obtain a Non Imm O Visa first. You've already detailed the two options, although 2 & 3 are the same.

1. You can apply for a Non Imm O Visa from London.
Non-Immigrant visas - Royal Thai Embassy, London 
On entry to Thailand, you will be granted permission of stay for 90 days. Within the last 30 days of that 90 days, you can apply for a 1-year extension of stay based on retirement at Immigration, subject to meeting the financial requirements.

2. You can enter Thailand either Visa Exempt, or a Tourist Visa, then apply to change your status from 'Tourist' to Non Immigrant (Non O) at Immigration. The procedure is here; VE-TV to Non O Retirement.pdf 
If your application is successful, you will be granted a further stay of 90 days.
Within the last 30 days of that 90 days, you can apply for a 1-year extension of stay based on retirement at Immigration, subject to meeting the financial requirements.

• Like 1