Non O Visa

Hi,

I was wondering about paperwork to submit for VE-TV Non O on the basis of retirement.

Regarding a rental agreement between Applicant and Landlord.

1. Is there a form that must be filled out or is it something supplied by Landlords?

2. Is the minimum length of rental 3 months from day of application or is there flexibility in duration of rental agreement ie. 4 months to be safe?

3. I don't really want to be tied down to a specific property/location. I would like to submit documents in Bangkok and possibly travel around here and there. Then head back to Bangkok immigration to apply for 1 yr. after 90 days. Are there any potential red flags with that?

Thanks )

35 minutes ago, Gord said:

Regarding a rental agreement between Applicant and Landlord.

1. Is there a form that must be filled out or is it something supplied by Landlords?

2. Is the minimum length of rental 3 months from day of application or is there flexibility in duration of rental agreement ie. 4 months to be safe?

3. I don't really want to be tied down to a specific property/location. I would like to submit documents in Bangkok and possibly travel around here and there. Then head back to Bangkok immigration to apply for 1 yr. after 90 days. Are there any potential red flags with that?

1. Some landlords may have their own written rental agreement, but standard one's can be purchased from stationery stores.

2. The requirements don't stipulate a certain period of rental, which may vary at the discretion of various Immigration offices.
On that note, as applying for Non Immigrant status (Non O) is a prelude to applying for a long term 1 year extension of stay, at the same office, it would be unreasonable for them to expect a long term rental contract.
Additionally, most landlords request at least one month's rent down + 1 month in advance, as well as a deposit for any possible future damages.

45 minutes ago, Gord said:

Whilst not exactly tied down, you may have to cover any rental costs in your absence.

42 minutes ago, Faz said:

Whilst not exactly tied down, you may have to cover any rental costs in your absence.

That is what i am currently trying to resolve. I'm renting two places right now. One in BKK for storage/back up bed/possible rental agreement document source. The other place on Phuket where i have been resting up from surgery. The goal is have one registered main address. The g/f home address option is tempting but carries certain potential pitfalls (if you know what i mean). The other option i am considering is to rent a Thai style room long term for storage/back up bed/registered address.

Carrying two rooms is a financial cost i would like to avoid but potentially being in a documentation problem with immigration is more of a worry. Mixing relationship with immigration requirements sounds like a recipe for issues. Maybe i am not seeing the forest for the trees.

Sry for rambling

12 minutes ago, Gord said:

I'm renting two places right now. One in BKK for storage/back up bed/possible rental agreement document source. The other place on Phuket where i have been resting up from surgery. The goal is have one registered main address. The g/f home address option is tempting but carries certain potential pitfalls (if you know what i mean).

It's nice to have choices 😊

Just be aware whichever office you use for the Non O application, you must use the same office for the first 1-year extension application - that may be a deciding factor in your case.
You can always change your address formally by filing a new TM30, but it must be in the same Province where the original Non O application was submitted.

I just aided a friend at Roi Et Immigration, who entered VE and applied for the Non O as the step to then obtaining a 1-year extension based on retirement. Although all his documents were in order, they wouldn't start to process his application until after a 'home' visit.
That's literally unheard of based on retirement. New orders, he stated. Absolutely nothing on Immigrations websites regarding this change. I suspect it's become another local requirement rather than a national one, but mention it just in case.

• Thanks 1

Thinking back to the days when I stayed in rented accommodation and had a rental agreement, there was no mention of how long the agreement was for, only the start date, a clause for the deposit and rent in advance, plus a 1-month notice cancellation clause by either party.

That was accepted by Immigration.

• Thanks 1