News Forum - Thai couple’s 1,000km, 20 hours Songkran motorcycle odyssey

Thaiger

A Thai couple travelled 20 hours on a motorbike and over 1,000 kilometres from Bangkok to their hometown in Pattani province in the south of Thailand before Songkran because all train tickets were fully booked and flights were too pricey for them. The woman, Nurfatihah, posted a video of the epic motorcycle journey she took to Pattani with her boyfriend Sufianin, in April on her TikTok account. Watch the video here. The caption said… “Bangkok – Pattani. One motorcycle and two of us. Started travelling at 9pm. It’s urgent, and all train tickets were fully booked. The flights are too […]

The story Thai couple’s 1,000km, 20 hours Songkran motorcycle odyssey as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I do long ride trips all of the time. Well hundreds of km that is. 20 hours on a Wave would literally render your behind very sore and tender. I bet they stopped and slept. 20 hours straight is almost impossible. I could maybe see 8 -10 and even that is a lot in a car let alone on a Honda Wave.

48 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I do long ride trips all of the time. Well hundreds of km that is. 20 hours on a Wave would literally render your behind very sore and tender. I bet they stopped and slept. 20 hours straight is almost impossible. I could maybe see 8 -10 and even that is a lot in a car let alone on a Honda Wave.

Unless they both rode? And had some “stimulants”? The dark is the hardest/most tiring time to ride. 

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Unless they both rode? And had some “stimulants”? The dark is the hardest/most tiring time to ride. 

Hahahaha. I wrote something pointing on that but then deleted it and then you pushed it out there. YEP, energy drinks and coffee mixed together.

Yeah, but you got that right. I hate riding long distance in the dark. Only putting around town near me home.

Based on personal experience the max a person can ride a day is 10 - 12hrs with frequent breaks in-between. Of course it also depends on the type of motorcycle and the fuel tank capacity. Further the rider cannot sit in that sedentary position for long as the legs will get cramped and butt gets heated up. Hence frequent rest is a mandatory requirements to get refreshed and recharged before continuing. Again night riding in Thailand roads is not advisable unless it is an adventure bike with enough spot lights to give a better view of the road surface in the dark. I have travelled form Kuala Lumpur to Saraburi in my motorcycle. It took me 12 hrs to reach Suratthani and another 12 hrs to reach Saraburi with an overnight stay at Suratthani on a normal cursing speed of 100km average inclusive of all the stoppages and traffic congestions along the way. Of curse mine is a 250cc capacity adventure bike.