Greta Thunberg & a Synthete....

Faraday

Isn't this just too exciting! :classic_rolleyes:

"Artist with synaesthesia puts Greta Thunberg’s Davos speech on canvas"

Resize_20220830_052458_8459.jpg.0686083e9e7a3141b07057ba69c43a56.jpg

"When Greta Thunberg delivered her “Our house is on fire” speech at Davos in 2019, she galvanised hundreds of thousands of school students to strike for the climate. The address was unique and potent in its urgency, but what did it look like in colour? What hues, textures and shapes could be ascribed to her words?"

So happy to see this....sorry, that she is doing so well.

"One artist has sought to answer that very question, by transcribing Thunberg’s voice into a painting that will debut at Sotheby’s next month."

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2022/aug/29/synaesthetic-artist-puts-greta-thunberg-davos-speech-on-canvas

Oh ..just one more thing, we have a new word too:

"Synthete"

https://www.healthline.com/health/synesthesia

All very Sci-fi, innit....🤓

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Oh ..just one more thing, we have a new word too:
"Synthete"

I always thought young upstarts like her were candidates for 'youthanasia' - the practice of intentionally ending life to relieve pain and suffering they impose on others.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My opinion in viewing her as some kind of Earth Saviour, is less than successful. Quite why she gets all this attention baffles me...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Faraday said:

My opinion in viewing her as some kind of Earth Saviour, is less than successful. Quite why she gets all this attention baffles me...

I think she's more viewed at what she represents 

Young people sick of old people screwing  up the world and leaving the mess for them 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thunberg is a precocious indoctrinated spoilt child and the only people that have ruined her life are her parents. Are we really supposed to believe that the scientists know what the weather is going to be like in 50 or 100.years time when they cannot predict what the weather will be like tomorrow, and some people seem to think that by taxing their citizens to the hilt will change the weather, well they are totally deluded. 

Lefty liberals will not be replied to btw

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Young people sick of old people screwing  up the world and leaving the mess for them 

Just as well we've got you to clean up after us 😝 

I thought the artwork was a portrait of Greta >

Resize_20220830_052458_8459.jpg

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Just as well we've got you to clean up after us 😝 

I thought the artwork was a portrait of Greta >

Resize_20220830_052458_8459.jpg

I'm younger than you KR but I'm getting up there too!

I did my fair share of screwing up the planet

But unlike most older people than me, I acknowledge that and acknowledge their is an issue that needs to be addressed 

I see these climate rallies in Vancouver and it's all young people 

I'm talking in their teens and I would think a lot of that is a result of Greta's exposure 

• Like 2

Gretas role is soon to be altered. I expect the Media to promote her as an agent of coal and bulk oil to solve heating problems for hundreds of millions of Europeans. 

The planet is not boiling over more critically than the need to avoid streets full of lamp posts with rope on them.