News Forum - Famous Thai YouTuber ‘Nutty’ flees Thailand over 2 billion baht Forex scam accusations

Thaiger

A famous Thai YouTuber named ‘Nutty’ is nowhere to be found after she was accused of scamming victims of over two billion Thai baht in a Forex scam. Nattamon “Nutty” Khongchak is believed to have defrauded over 6,000 victims. In a ‘Pinky‘ type fraud case, another Thai influencer has used their internet fame to encourage fans to invest in a scam. On YouTube, 29 year old Nutty claimed to be a successful Forex trader, and encouraged her 800,000 YouTube followers to invest in Forex. According to fraud lawyer Phaisal Ruangrit, one “investor” deposited 18 million baht directly into Nutty’s bank […]

The story Famous Thai YouTuber ‘Nutty’ flees Thailand over 2 billion baht Forex scam accusations as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

ponzy schemes like this are around the world, where people want to make a quick money, you will find such fraud people.

should be available in the near by country you will come to know in few weeks !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Natty graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts from Rangsit University and became famous online for doing dance covers of popular Korean songs

Looks like she's danced her way right out of the country. Assuming she's taken the money with her, that should 'cover' her for a while.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

one “investor” deposited 18 million baht directly into Nutty’s bank account.

I belive the "investor" is the Nutty one....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Whatever Forex trader means, I cannot image a youngster being better at it than I am  5555

Never trust people using "other peoples money"  remember that

She gets married, changes her name, and in 2 years she is back.

Govt ministers do it, why can't she.

As for those that got scammed, honestly, you are stupid to believe those investment points and shouldn't have large sums of money and she just proved it to you. Suck it up the money is gone........

• Like 2

I work at a big financial institution

I referred my wife's best friend to a financial advisor in my firm, she was getting killed by her broker in Thailand....

I can't tell you how many Thais, people my wife barely knew, called her asking if I could "help them" also

Before her friend, had a single return on her money...............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kalyan said:

ponzy schemes like this are around the world, where people want to make a quick money, you will find such fraud people.

should be available in the near by country you will come to know in few weeks !

I don't think that this was a Ponzi scam. Seems that nobody got any money back.

If 6k random people would give me 1b baht, which is like 25m euros, I honestly dont know what I would do. Flee to say Austria and live happily ever after, with an occasional Red Bull to celebrate? Or actually invest it? My long term return is in the 15%-25% range but that is no guarantee. I guess I would invest it, and take a percentage of all profits. But geez 25m euro...

so with all her followers is she still on youtube?  cant see a thai staying off social media and being invisible...

the selfie addiction is too strong for them

• Like 1

"became famous online for doing dance covers of popular Korean songs", then turns overnight into a guru for high return financial investments...totally plausible.

Would have given her all my money in a jiffy, what could have gone wrong ?

15 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Whatever Forex trader means

Foreign exchange or currency trader. Big money to be made right now now that currencies are fluctuating so heavily. With the baht moving so much her sales pitch probably sounded really good. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

fluctuating so heavily

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

Big money to be made

LOL, if you can predict correctly which way it is fluctuating, yes money can be made, otherwise it is lost.  

Why would anyone with money like that not use a licenced broker? 

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

LOL, if you can predict correctly which way it is fluctuating, yes money can be made, otherwise it is lost.  

That's how markets work. Stocks, bonds, currencies. 

2 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Why would anyone with money like that not use a licenced broker? 

I can predict that time always goes forward, not backward. Which is why I sell short term at the money put options. Makes like 80 cents on a 25 euro stock, 6 times a year. One option means 100 shares, so 480 euro per year. You need 2500 cash as a deposit for 1 option, so it is roughly 19%.

It is not rocket science but not many people do this. Warren Buffet works like this. Makes up a large chunk of his yearly profits.

And please, do not try this at home. There are risks. You can lose everything you have, and even more, if you do not know exactly what you are doing.

I see people touting forex schemes all over the place online, all trying to tempt the foolish with improbable returns. Thirty seconds of due diligence (Google) will show you that profit margins, even for the pros, are very thin - yes some people have made big profits, but they have had very very deep pockets and have gambled huge amounts of money. 

9 hours ago, Cabra said:

Her victims are not so smart, but I would like nothing more than for her to be caught and convicted. 

Last week there was a similar story about another scammer named Pinky.  UPDATE: Famous Thai actress "Pinky" jailed for Forex-3D scam, denied bail | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Next week there will another story.  Some people never learn.   At least Pinky ended up in jail.  Nutty was a little more clever though and had people deposit the money directly into her personal account.

• Like 1

This scammer defrauded over 6,000 victims and encouraged her 800,000 YouTube followers to invest in Forex. According to fraud lawyer Phaisal Ruangrit, one “investor” deposited 18 million baht.

It`s difficult to comprehend that people can be so stupid, one born every minute.

When will people learn that no one has ever gained from any get rich quick schemes.

They play on people`s greed and why I have no sympathy for the victims.

This women has billions and with that money she can change her identity, even have plastic surgery and be anywhere in the world. I doubt they`ll ever find her.

• Haha 1

The fact that thousands of people invested big sums with a Youtuber because she has a pretty face and "became famous online for doing dance covers of popular Korean songs"........speaks volumes.