News Forum - Food vendors attack foreign tourist who dined and dashed in Pattaya, Thailand

Thaiger

On 8/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, Bluesofa said:

I can't remember a sit-down food stall that collected the money upon delivering your food on a plate?

I can't say that I am familiar with the vendors in that area but if she was a street vendor which is what it appeared, I don't know of any that are sit down.  Typically just a cart and they pass you a plate and some plastic utensils. 

17 hours ago, Marc26 said:

By my son's University all the vendors can pay by phone 

I don't think your average street vendor on a random street can though 

Or at least not a lot of them

Funny enough, Cambodia was more advanced even years ago with pay by phone

The tuk tuks took pay by phone!

I love it, I leave my house with just my phone, no keys, no wallet 

Many many Thai are doing pay by phone, the app your son uses is called "rabbit pay" it runs on the Line app platform seamlessly, all Thais with a phone use Line social media, as do many expats.

The "rabbit" is the Cony meme character of Brown (Bear) and Cony (Rabbit) fame 

The problem is that most foreigners are excluded from using Rabbit pay same as the early vaccine debacle because no Thai ID Card. 

And tourists have no chance at all 

Think how much more money they might generate by removing this artificial barrier. 

Way to much xenophobic leadership for that to happen. They also block Thais from Googlepay and getting a debit card with Wise etc.  

On 8/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Pattaya’s reputation is a "world class sex paradise".

Wait until this time next year when you see the boomer flip flop slobs walking around with festering pox sores all over their mugs and elsewhere. 🤣😉

42 minutes ago, Bill_Koomers said:

Wait until this time next year when you see the boomer flip flop slobs walking around with festering pox sores all over their mugs and elsewhere. 🤣😉

Every Boomer in existence is now at least 58, very few who lived the Pattaya lifestyle are still around to catch monkey pox, or if they are, not even pills are going to get it up!

Your flip flop slobs with functional knobs are, by an order of magnitude, Genx and younger. They just look as worn out as boomers!

The boomers who can get wood, are likely getting their goodness from a better class of woman than the demimondaines of the red lantern Sois.

But then again, we wouldn't want to generalise, would we? 😁

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

Many many Thai are doing pay by phone, the app your son uses is called "rabbit pay" it runs on the Line app platform seamlessly, all Thais with a phone use Line social media, as do many expats.

The "rabbit" is the Cony meme character of Brown (Bear) and Cony (Rabbit) fame 

The problem is that most foreigners are excluded from using Rabbit pay same as the early vaccine debacle because no Thai ID Card. 

And tourists have no chance at all 

Think how much more money they might generate by removing this artificial barrier. 

Way to much xenophobic leadership for that to happen. They also block Thais from Googlepay and getting a debit card with Wise etc.  

I'm well aware of LINE

It's all we use

Kind of funny

When I am in Canada and here that distinct LINE ringtone I know it's my phone

In Thailand I hear it constantly and am checking my phone but it is going off all around me.   5555

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 8:33 AM, Venusianhart said:

Your flip flop slobs with functional knobs are, by an order of magnitude, Genx and younger. They just look as worn out as boomers!

Interesting fantasy. Can't say I've seen any of the younger gen x fellows looking anywhere near as clapped out as the Boomers. Could be possible, though, as they weren't the parasite pensioner generation, and have had things notably harder in general. 

Edited by Bill_Koomers