News Forum - US plays mischief-maker in Taiwan Strait to infuriate China

Thaiger

15 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

If you don't want trouble in the world, don't look for it. 

A cowardly phrase.  Sometimes, trouble is just what you should be looking for. Confronting bullies and criminals is sensible, letting them run riot is an foolish strategy that leads to more evil in the World.   I suppose that you feel that Russia should have Ukraine and North Korea have South Korea because they are far away ( from where I'm not at all sure) and nothing to do with the west?? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Doing what's necessary to make China escalate it, yes. If you don't want trouble in the world, don't look for it. 

Like, what's even the use of doing this? Showing that they care about the people of Taiwan? Well, they don't give a shit about anyone they claim they care about. And the result is often many deaths. 

The US cares more than the CCP and Russia do. I suppose you would just turn your back while the python is in the hen house eating and strangling everything it desires at its whim. You give China an inch, and we and the world already have, and then you see what they already took. They want it all as the entire world and to assimilate races under the CCP ownership. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The inherent intuition of US empire thinking is to NEVER back down or stay away from any confrontation. It is entirely secondary whether or not China is "totalitarian" to the need for USA to stand up to it. There are countless tyrants US leadership has not even dealt with, but even had ally arraignments. 

While the USA global strategy is to preserve their global hegemony, it is performed on a daily basis of confrontation and bullying, which they obvisouly accuse everyone else of doing.

China knows war and China knows strife and poverty. The last 120 years of China must have been some of the most astonishing years in human development and evolution. What started off as a genuine anticolonial uprising in the boxer rebellion, morphed China into modern statehood identity after enduring a war that was possibly even more brutal and suffering for their people than how the Soviet Union had to endure. After the war, China has prety much had an endless evolvement into a moder super-state and the growth has happened at such a pace that the US hegemon has not been able to strategically adjust to this. 

USA being unable to strategically adjust leads to them resoring to tactical sucker punches (i. e. "color revolutions" and "freedom of navigation") which leads to further escalations of geostrategic tension. If one fails to empathize the Chinese position, but rather marginalizes the entire indentity of the their nation to how much of a Western "democracy" model they have, there is no ability to get anything out of it, but more tension. 

Taiwan will peacefully and HAPPILY return to the complete constitutional framework of China. It will happen quicker the more USA resorts to these tactical slugs. Again, USA has nice watches, but cannot win this strategic struggle without starting a WW3. 

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

The inherent intuition of US empire thinking is to NEVER back down or stay away from any confrontation. It is entirely secondary whether or not China is "totalitarian" to the need for USA to stand up to it. There are countless tyrants US leadership has not even dealt with, but even had ally arraignments. 

While the USA global strategy is to preserve their global hegemony, it is performed on a daily basis of confrontation and bullying, which they obvisouly accuse everyone else of doing.

China knows war and China knows strife and poverty. The last 120 years of China must have been some of the most astonishing years in human development and evolution. What started off as a genuine anticolonial uprising in the boxer rebellion, morphed China into modern statehood identity after enduring a war that was possibly even more brutal and suffering for their people than how the Soviet Union had to endure. After the war, China has prety much had an endless evolvement into a moder super-state and the growth has happened at such a pace that the US hegemon has not been able to strategically adjust to this. 

USA being unable to strategically adjust leads to them resoring to tactical sucker punches (i. e. "color revolutions" and "freedom of navigation") which leads to further escalations of geostrategic tension. If one fails to empathize the Chinese position, but rather marginalizes the entire indentity of the their nation to how much of a Western "democracy" model they have, there is no ability to get anything out of it, but more tension. 

Taiwan will peacefully and HAPPILY return to the complete constitutional framework of China. It will happen quicker the more USA resorts to these tactical slugs. Again, USA has nice watches, but cannot win this strategic struggle without starting a WW3. 

Poor China, Poor Xi, Poor evil CCP. 

Why don't you move there, to China, clearly even Thailand is too "democratic" for your totalitarian tastes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

It’s almost like you live in an alternate universe: 

The Taiwan public's declining desire for political union with China fell further to a near-record low in the first half of 2022, the island's leading pollster said on Tuesday. In a biannual update to its surveys on core political attitudes in Taiwan, National Chengchi University's Election Study Center (ESC) found only 1.3 percent of respondents wanted unification with mainland China "as soon as possible,"

https://www.newsweek.com/taiwan-china-politics-identity-independence-unification-public-opinion-polling-1724546

This is in addition to Taiwan buy and building as many weapons as they can in order to defend themselves from the CCP. They have seen the CCPs one country two systems policy in action in HK and want nothing to do with it. Taiwan has friends willing to help defend them (and no not just the US). The CCP has no one. Time is not on the CCPs side, it’s why they have started to threaten military action. They know they are a deadman walking. 

“Watches”? 😵💫

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

BBC News? More like Chinese propaganda. This Bob Scott sleeper agent needs to be dismissed from Thaiger. 

< Comment in breach of FG's removed >
Moderator.

I say again, get rid of Chinese propaganda now, or I'm out of here!

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 9:34 AM, Thaiger said:

To no one’s surprise, the United States provided further evidence of playing mischief-maker in other nations’ affairs yesterday when two US warships passed through the Taiwan Strait. It comes less than a month since US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan and made a number of crass comments to infuriate China. Washington says the two guided-missile cruisers, the USS Antietam and the USS Chancellorsville, are demonstrating freedom of navigation through international waters. This may well be the case but considering there are almost 12,000 kilometres (7,252 miles) between the US and Taiwan and China maybe navigating nearer to home would […]

The story US plays mischief-maker in Taiwan Strait to infuriate China as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I guess someone gets to paid to write this garbage, but most likely via winnie the poo's crew 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems India is now taking issue with China too. India has accused China of “militarisation of the Taiwan Strait”

The funniest part was China demanding India reaffirm the “one China” policy and India telling them where they can stick it. 🤣

And there I thought it was just an American issue. 😇

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

Poor China, Poor Xi, Poor evil CCP. 

Why don't you move there, to China, clearly even Thailand is too "democratic" for your totalitarian tastes. 

You clearly do not understand what is going on here, but why resort to such personal attacks and harassment? 

There is nothing "poor" with today's China and neither do I think the 50+ millions lifted out of poverty over the last years think so. 

I think it must be wonderful to life "free" and able to vote for one of to equal choices as one of the many destitute and homeless people in USA today. Maybe you shoudl "move there"..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Seems India is now taking issue with China too. India has accused China of “militarisation of the Taiwan Strait”

The funniest part was China demanding India reaffirm the “one China” policy and India telling them where they can stick it. 🤣

And there I thought it was just an American issue. 😇

Gravitas seems to be one of the most loyal USA-media channels in today's India. 

HOwever, I am sure India speaks with their own voice. It would be interesting to see a good translation of the entire dialogue, because something tells me the above conversation as it is described never happened. 

30 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

There is nothing "poor" with today's China and neither do I think the 50+ millions lifted out of poverty over the last years think so. 

You must be using your own definition of poverty and not the universally accepted definition. Nothing factually correct or historically accurate would ever indicate that 50+ million people in China have been "lifted out of poverty".

It's not just that it's a CCP propaganda piece. It's not even that's it's so blatant about it. But it's not even mediocre journalism. Literally half the article is quoting verbatim one source, never mind that the source is a clear CCP shill. And the off hand "you had it coming" explanation of Russia's invasian of Ukraine? This is high school level journalism at best. Anyone have any recommendations for alternative news sites? I just have to believe I can do better than subjecting myself to this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Gravitas seems to be one of the most loyal USA-media channels in today's India. 

That’s not been my experience. I’ve always found they have a bit of an axe to grind with the US. They seem to go out of their way to put in a good dig whenever possible at the US.

If you ask me, they only one they can’t stand more than the US is China. That’s by a wide margin at that. Considering their history, it’s perfectly understandable. 

4 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

That’s not been my experience. I’ve always found they have a bit of an axe to grind with the US. They seem to go out of their way to put in a good dig whenever possible at the US.

If you ask me, they only one they can’t stand more than the US is China. That’s by a wide margin at that. Considering their history, it’s perfectly understandable. 

Well, Gravitas is definitely one of media "frontline warriors" among the globalist cadres, but also has a slight "India First" slant, so I understand their problems with China. My impresson of their issues with USA is more that USA is not being globalist enough. Maybe that has more to do with a color preference. They probably want a more BlueTeam dominance in USA and believes it makes a difference. 

However, you raise a very intriguing issue. The one of a regional "grand bargain" of understanding between China and India. At first, it may seem impossible. PolytheistIndia vs. Atheist China; market&individualist small business India and state-collectivist China, Indo-European culture vs. the classical Asian one; Pro-Western (at least somewhat) India vs. Pro-Eastern (as in Russia) China. Lots of obstacles. But there are things happening here also. One thing is the issue of the Himmalayas and especially water management. Both nations would be served by an independent region where they could take part in providiing for sustainable natural resources and stability. Then of course we have the regional tensions that spill over baack and forth to both nations. This applies to Afghanistan, Burma and Pakistan (especially). Neither side has capability to do anything but check the other and inability to bring forth a situation of betterment for both. 

What is needed is a lengthier time of relationship buulding to get to know each other art first and then recogniton of the reality that both have immensely much to gain over an independent coexistence. I believe the time has come for such a thing and a third-party mediator and bridge builder will be coming forth. The problem is to find a large enough player to make this happen. Cannot be atheist (India would feel uncomfortable), muslim (neither would trust due to insecurity of their own internal politics), capitalist (While China is definitely state capitalism, the communist party would not accept), hegemonically obsessed  or pro-Anglo (Both has colonial legacies that make this impossible). 

Whatever entity can make these two undersand each other and want some ways to overcome will deserve a dozen Nobel prizes if Obama or Clinton is indeed the standard required. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

You must be using your own definition of poverty and not the universally accepted definition. Nothing factually correct or historically accurate would ever indicate that 50+ million people in China have been "lifted out of poverty".

World bank data and metrics for this indicate 770 million Chinese have left poverty over the last 40 years. 

WHat is YOUR definition of powerty and from where? 

49 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

has a slight "India First" slant,

Oh thats good stuff right there. Its like saying Fox news is "slightly" right wing 😂

51 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

However, you raise a very intriguing issue. The one of a regional "grand bargain" of understanding between China and India. At first, it may seem impossible. PolytheistIndia vs. Atheist China; market&individualist small business India and state-collectivist China, Indo-European culture vs. the classical Asian one; Pro-Western (at least somewhat) India vs. Pro-Eastern (as in Russia) China. Lots of obstacles. But there are things happening here also. One thing is the issue of the Himmalayas and especially water management. Both nations would be served by an independent region where they could take part in providiing for sustainable natural resources and stability. Then of course we have the regional tensions that spill over baack and forth to both nations. This applies to Afghanistan, Burma and Pakistan (especially). Neither side has capability to do anything but check the other and inability to bring forth a situation of betterment for both.

This is just psychobabble. The issues between India and China are not based on religion. They are territorial and economic.

54 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

What is needed is a lengthier time of relationship buulding to get to know each other art first and then recogniton of the reality that both have immensely much to gain over an independent coexistence.

Yeah 4000 years of history has simply flown by hasn't it?

57 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Pro-Eastern (as in Russia) China.

When did that happen? Oh yeah since Putins illegal invasion of the Ukraine Russia is now bending over for China. What a good idea that was eh?

On a positive note your English seems to have vastly improved from what it was a couple of days ago. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

World bank data and metrics for this indicate 770 million Chinese have left poverty over the last 40 years. 

WHat is YOUR definition of powerty and from where? 

How many Russians are now heading into poverty because of the wests sanctions over Russias illegal invasion of the Ukraine?

Chinese youth unemployment is now at 20%. The party's over pal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

The report you're referring to was conducted by the Chinese government, with another brach of the Chinese government acting on behalf of the World Bank, so the trustworthiness of the data is questionable at best.

The report does not conclude that 770 million people have left poverty, either, but arguing this point will undoubtedly become a game of semantics. The point is, according to the report, 770 million people over the period of 40 years have come to live above the extreme poverty line established by the World Bank as living below $1.90 per day.

So what we can glean from this report is that, according to the Chinese government, nearly 800 million people over 40 years now live above the international standard of extreme poverty.

Is that honestly enough for you to tout what an incredible job the Chinese government has done, and is doing, for its people?

3 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

The report you're referring to was conducted by the Chinese government, with another brach of the Chinese government acting on behalf of the World Bank, so the trustworthiness of the data is questionable at best.

The report does not conclude that 770 million people have left poverty, either, but arguing this point will undoubtedly become a game of semantics. The point is, according to the report, 770 million people over the period of 40 years have come to live above the extreme poverty line established by the World Bank as living below $1.90 per day.

So what we can glean from this report is that, according to the Chinese government, nearly 800 million people over 40 years now live above the international standard of extreme poverty.

Is that honestly enough for you to tout what an incredible job the Chinese government has done, and is doing, for its people?

..undertaken by China’s Ministry of Finance, the Development Research Center (DRC) of the State Council, and the World Bank, with the China Center for International Knowledge on Development (CIKD) acting as the implementing agency.

The study was endorsed by World Bank, so take it for what it is. The amount listed is a benchmark measure for extreme poverty. When you take Purchasing Power parity into consideration, this is  fair assessment. Did I say they were millionaires`Or US middle class? No, but lifted out of poverty was the statement. 

Have you been to China? Not that anecdotic esperience is something, but still. You can go to any city in China and will find literally no open or abject crime; no tent cities and no endless rioting over everything. To you that is "democracy", to a poor man it is improvement. Again, do you think the millions of homeless in USA will opt for USA and a "vote" for one of the two factions of the uniparty over having a full stomach? 

So now we are down to anglophiles denying significant civilization improvements in China along with an amazing journey to betterment over the last 100 years. From colonial tossing ball to a world power. 

Just go ahead and dismiss everything and say "CCP" every time, but in the meantime Chine continues to develop all over Asia and is definitely becoming partner of preference for the nations with colonial pasttime. For the latter, this is probably also a huge reason why Russia is not so very detested outside of the Western bubble. 

Last time I checked the World bank was not a Chinese entity, but what does it matter to you? If you can come up with enough CCP/Chinese government demonization, that is enough for you. 

Instead of Trump dermangement syndrome, Obama derangement syndrome, I see China derange,ent syndrome.  

9 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

My impresson of their issues with USA is more that USA is not being globalist enough.

Must be a perspective thing. My impression has always been Gravitas thinks the US is a little too globalist. That the US is kinka standing in the way of India becoming the next world superpower. They try to be fair, but they don’t try nearby as hard as they think. 

9 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

What is needed is a lengthier time of relationship buulding to get to know each other art first and then recogniton of the reality that both have immensely much to gain over an independent coexistence. I believe the time has come for such a thing and a third-party mediator and bridge builder will be coming forth.

Sometimes I think you kid. These two have been at each other’s throats since the CCP took power. We are talking real bad blood. Comes from China sitting on land that belongs to India and then wanting even more. That will tend to piss off your neighbors. Besides the fact China doesn’t believe in third party mediators (South China Sea comes to mind), there is no compromise acceptable to either side. As for India, they know time is on their side. They just have to wait out China’s inevitable demographic collapse and then move in and scoop up the property. Considering that, they have no desire to resolve the issue by other means. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

You clearly do not understand what is going on here, but why resort to such personal attacks and harassment? 

I think it must be wonderful to life "free" and able to vote for one of to equal choices as one of the many destitute and homeless people in USA today. Maybe you shoudl "move there"..

I lived, worked and travelled extensible  in China for 6 years,  departed luckily mid 2019.

To say there is nothing poor about todays China has no knowledge of the country outside the 1st and 2nd tier cities

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

No, but lifted out of poverty was the statement.

Yes, and you conveniently ignored and then danced around the use of the word "poverty". To quote the report, 770 million Chinese citizens now live above the World Bank definition of extreme poverty, but you've somehow taken that to mean they no longer live in poverty.

4 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

So now we are down to anglophiles denying significant civilization improvements in China along with an amazing journey to betterment over the last 100 years. From colonial tossing ball to a world power. 

Just go ahead and dismiss everything and say "CCP" every time, but in the meantime Chine continues to develop all over Asia and is definitely becoming partner of preference for the nations with colonial pasttime. For the latter, this is probably also a huge reason why Russia is not so very detested outside of the Western bubble. 

Last time I checked the World bank was not a Chinese entity, but what does it matter to you? If you can come up with enough CCP/Chinese government demonization, that is enough for you. 

Instead of Trump dermangement syndrome, Obama derangement syndrome, I see China derange,ent syndrome.  

All you've demonstrated in this strange, nonsensical ad hominem against nobody in particular (since I can't conclude it was directed at me since you're not actually replying to anything I said), is that you have a common habit of recoiling when someone attacks your character or your ideology, but you're quick to use buzzwords and weird pop culture political references when you have nothing further to say.

It's obvious to me that you've infatuated with China and likely with socialism/communism in general, and it appears as though you're either unable or unwilling to see the proverbial forest for the trees. China is not free of poverty, and the 770 million lifted out of poverty, as you continue to insist, actually still live in abject poverty. Living in better conditions than extreme poverty does not mean they are not living in poverty.

You know, the thing about communism, is once the wealth has been redistributed, and there is eventually no more wealth, the only thing left to redistribute is poverty...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

You know, the thing about communism, is once the wealth has been redistributed, and there is eventually no more wealth, the only thing left to redistribute is poverty...

It is apparent that China under control of the CCP have far overwhelmed themselves on every level incuding over population which hurts our world in way too many ways for everyone's future. The CCP and especially their leader ruler are only bullies at best. I wonder how much their controlled above poverty level folk can buy from China based APP platforms at minimum wage of $0.16 an hour. That is if they can afford a mobile phone. I bet all the homeless in the USA have a mobile phone. Or close near to all of them.

Unfortunately not all of the world has its eyes open or are in a position to complain about what the CCP under XI is doing, which is appropriating or commandeering everything they and he can get their and his nasty dirty little hands on. Yes, the western world helped build this despicable liar of a giant, but let's hope can also reel their grabby and nasty little fingers and hands back in. The author and one poster for the most part are full of it and the poster has well shown his angst and dislike for the USA in many of other posts relating to other articles, but this is his right as he is free to do so in his free society.

I will take India over the CCP any day and for that matter India even though has a huge population is far better as at least do not play an evil bully lie and try to take over the world game. And Taiwan who is their own entity and country I fully support any country who backs them against these evil tyrants of the CCP and the anyone who supports the Ukraine over the likes of Putin and his devil cronies. The USA is not perfect by far, but united with other countries they/we are by far the better ones for the future of the world's people and planet. No room for dicators or tyrants.