News Forum - Mountain Bar & Bistro restaurant for sale to pay for pub fire

Thaiger

Anyone in the market for a restaurant with an infamous locale, here’s one you can probably get a great deal on. The Mountain Bar & Bistro restaurant in Sattahip, Chon Buri, owned by and adjacent to the Mountain B nightclub that burned down earlier this month on August 5 with 20 deaths, is being offered for sale. On Friday, local media spotted a for sale sign in front of the restaurant, owned by Sia B, originally thought to be the owner of Mountain B nightclub, though it was later revealed his father, Sia Yot. The 27 year old son was […]

The story Mountain Bar & Bistro restaurant for sale to pay for pub fire as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let's hope someone buys the land and restaurant so these kids can get seothing out of it for the pain and suffering. If the guy takes one satang of the sale money then he should be put in jail. Unfortunately it is a hard sale as kids died there.

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Anyone in the market for a restaurant with an infamous locale, here’s one you can probably get a great deal on.

They'll probably have to pay someone to take over it.

Are fire exits and extinguishers included? 

Asking for a fried friend in the burns unit. 

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Let's hope someone buys the land and restaurant so these kids can get seothing out of it for the pain and suffering. If the guy takes one satang of the sale money then he should be put in jail. Unfortunately it is a hard sale as kids died there.

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

Too many ghost. Whomever buys it needs to level it and start again. 

From my understanding after reading the article, the property for sale is not the fire damaged nightclub, but a separate building.

1 hour ago, Loong said:

From my understanding after reading the article, the property for sale is not the fire damaged nightclub, but a separate building.

I was taking as the whole kitten caboodle 

I think father and son are going to skip bail after transferring restaurant and bar property rights to another family member. Then they will flee Thailand and go to another country.  

They have money and their empty promises to help all those that had died or injured and to compensate the families is only a ruse to stall until they flee.

You heard it here first !

22 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

If the guy takes one satang of the sale money then he should be put in jail. Unfortunately it is a hard sale as kids died there.

I guess I would like to reserve judgement until the cause of the fire is determined.  If it was hypothetically arson would you feel the same?  What if it was an electrical malfunction unknown to the owners by a faulty contractor.  

If the owners were knowingly culpable of installing faulty or dangerous equipment by all means they should be punished and held responsible.  However I see far more culpability for a driver who knowingly gets on the road intoxicated and rams into a car or motorcycle killing people.  

43 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

I guess I would like to reserve judgement until the cause of the fire is determined.  If it was hypothetically arson would you feel the same?  What if it was an electrical malfunction unknown to the owners by a faulty contractor.  

If the owners were knowingly culpable of installing faulty or dangerous equipment by all means they should be punished and held responsible.  However I see far more culpability for a driver who knowingly gets on the road intoxicated and rams into a car or motorcycle killing people.  

Whether or not knowing or unknowing, his place was a fire trap that maimed and killed innocent kids. Locked doors, tires on the roof with cheap highly flamable sound barriers on the ceiling anyone would think he should have known better as is his business. Either way he had no insurance and needs to do his best to help the hurt and pain and the lives he has ruined. Maybe not guilty but he still needs to stand up like a man. Could you immagine being burned and disfigured for life?

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Whether or not knowing or unknowing, his place was a fire trap

Again, I think it is prudent to wait until the final results are in.  If they were culpable in terms of knowingly  creating a hazardous enviornment then I agree.  However, there may be some elements to the story that we don't know.  Did he put the tires up there or were they placed there by a former owner and he was unaware of it.  Did he put the wiring in, or was that already in place before he took possession of the building.  In terms of being a fire trap, that phrase could probably be used to describe the vast majority of buildings in Thailand.  

If it is demonstrated that there was knowingly creating a dangerous situation or even careless disregard that is one thing.  Hypothetically if there was a wind storm and the roof collapsed killing people and it was later found to have defective support I would not hold the owner to the same judgement as I would if it was determined the owner deliberately installed inadequate or faulty support to save money.